Local 575 Ohio - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > Electrician Apprentice Forum

Old 12-25-2016, 11:53 AM   #1

Default Local 575 Ohio

I have test coming up end of January and I've been diligently studying to refresh my memory and keep my mind sharp as I graduated high school in 96. I was curious if anyone has info on the level of Algebra needed to score well? I have been studying using library book and Kahn Academy via YouTube. I have worked up to algebraic fractions, simplifying, factoring quadratic equations. Next is roots, slopes, functions.
Mcswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2016, 12:02 PM   #2

I am hoping to score very well and really impress them in my interview. I have installed 200amp service and passed inspection, run circuit to and wired shed via digging trench and using UF wire, done some wiring on 3phase panel, retrofit a 2gang switch to a 3 gang switch, added dimmer, fished wire to 4 new recessed lights where no lights existed and patched drywall where had to cut out to fish through on plate. I am completely self taught but I don't do shady work. I follow code and an detail oriented. I am knowledgeable nmbut would be going into program as I know nothing and soaking in anything that can be taught like a sponge! I have a true passion for electrical and am doing all I can to land an apprenticeship. Any pointers are greatly appreciated!
Old 12-25-2016, 12:18 PM   #3
animal lover /rat bastard

Rewards Points: 374

did you study for the drug test ?
CGW (01-17-2017)
Old 12-25-2016, 04:51 PM   #4

Nothing to worry about ever there. Drugs aren't my thing!
Old 01-14-2017, 08:33 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 180

usually toward the basic end of algebra. Portsmouth has a great reputation. don't worry your very likely to get in. your in my region we are in need of apprentices. if for some chance you don't get in this time, which i would think you would, re apply if you still want in. you will eventually get in. good luck, might see you on a job one day

Last edited by hd13; 01-14-2017 at 08:36 PM.
hd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #6

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Just looking to get in and soak everything in like a sponge. From what I've read it's about a month after passing test until you may get interview? How long if they like you before you're official?
Old 01-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #7
Deplorable-Electrician

Rewards Points: 16,738

Like HD said if you don't get in now stick with it.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:04 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcswain View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Just looking to get in and soak everything in like a sponge. From what I've read it's about a month after passing test until you may get interview? How long if they like you before you're official?
usually within a month, and then you go out to work whenever contractors call out apprentices and get down to you on this list, there is a power house going on around cincy so i'm not sure but i would imagine you would get out fairly quick
hd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #9

Can't seem to send PM. Do you have to have so many posts before option is available or some sort?
Old 01-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcswain View Post
Can't seem to send PM. Do you have to have so many posts before option is available or some sort?
Yes.

mobile
inetdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #11

Well I found out I passed the test. Next step interview! I'm ready to start work!
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 1,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildleg View Post
did you study for the drug test ?
I was told I had to take a drug test so I took one of every thing and a double hit on the bong just to be sure I passed.