PSI Exam - Recommended Study Guides - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > Electrician Apprentice Forum

Old 12-09-2016, 03:37 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 88
Default PSI Exam - Recommended Study Guides

Hey there! I am looking for a *recommendation* of a study guide for the PSI Journeyman's Exam. I mean an actual recommendation, so please don't be lazy and send me a link if you can't personally recommend the guide. I called a couple of companies that are recommended and one of them say that their guide is general for the NEC, rather than specific to the PSI. I have the codebook to learn the code. I want a study book to help me ace the exam. What worked for you? Thanks!
green4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2016, 03:59 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 709

Did you do an apprenticeship through an organization like the ibew or the abc? If so they should provide you with study guides and practice tests. When I finished my apprenticeship I was given practice tests that were almost identical to the test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2016, 06:12 PM   #3

Tom Henry and Mike Holt. My mentor recommended JadeLearning.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
KnightPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:10 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
Did you do an apprenticeship through an organization like the ibew or the abc?
No I didn't. I've never heard of those groups. I just googled ibew so I guess it's like a union? "ABC Electric" turned up a lot of results.

Anyway, no I don't have any ties to an organization like that. And the master I worked under got his license in the 1960s. He still thinks that ground wires are for queers. (Not really, though he did actually make that joke once.)
green4now is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exam, journeyman, psi, study guide