CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products

Old 08-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25
Default Hacksaw bag

Does anyone know of a hacksaw zipper bag or something like that? I would like to seperate it from my other tools in my bag and stop cutting into my hands when i reach in for something. I currently have a Greenlee 12" saw.

Thanks

europamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 08-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Euro,
What about using a piece of vinyl push-on edge trim over the toothed end of the blade. Thatís what I use anyway. I kind of looks like the door edge molding you see on car doors, but has a smaller space in between. McMaster-Carr sells a lot of different types. The only problem is that you will probably have to buy a minimum 10-foot roll.

KayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #3
3rd Generation

Rewards Points: 1,000

An old chunk of garden hose works real well
MF Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

A Sawzall replaced my Hacksaw years ago.

I do break it out every now and then though.

That edge guard that KJ mentioned might do the trick for you, if not check out these Klein bags. http://www.mytoolstore.com/klein/5102-12.html
Adam12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
53 GONE AT LAST!

Location: UK, by the seaside, besides the sea!! No F1 Champs this seaqson, though but
Rewards Points: 500

Put one of those cheapo plastic edge binders that you use for holding paper together in order to make a presentation folder. Worked for me for the past 10 years
Old 08-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 25

thanks all,

Adam, I have a Klein bag, I might try to get a smaller saw as well.
europamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
"A" inside wireman

Rewards Points: 2,000
Send a message via Yahoo to randomkiller

Sears has blade covers, they come about 2' long you just snip to length.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

"One Nation Under God"
randomkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 1,000

I use a Husky tool bag that you can get at Home Depot. It's got a pocket in the side made to fit a hacksaw. It's $30, gots lots of pockets and good storage space while not being huge and bulky. Here's a link to one so you can get an idea what it looks like (not to buy, look at the shipping costs!): http://cgi.ebay.com/Husky-Handymans-...2em118Q2el1247

gilbequick is offline   Reply With Quote