CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products

Old 01-22-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
industrial rookie

Rewards Points: 75
Default husky electrician tool bag

What do you guys think or does anyone own one? Saw it at home depot for 30.00

sparky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 01-22-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
Fried Bologna um um good!

Rewards Points: 2,000

So you ask about a bag then do not provide a pic or a link...

I have a red husky bag I carry all my crap in everyday. It has held up well and I am happy with it.

I also want to point out that I use a commercial electric pouch and I actually like it more than the klein leather one I left on top of my service body bed late one night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (124.7 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by jwjrw; 01-23-2011 at 10:56 AM.
jwjrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
industrial rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjrw
So you ask about a bag then do not provide a pic or a link...

I have a red husky bag I carry all my crap in everyday. It has held up well and I am happy with it.
How do you provide links I'm not sure how to
Old 01-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
industrial rookie

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053
Old 01-22-2011, 07:18 AM   #5

I worked with a guy that had one of those bags. Seemed solid enough.

30 bucks ain't bad, either.
Frasbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 10

I know a guy with one. Loves it because the design keeps keeps it from becoming full of hardware. Like my klien bag !
HolyCrapItsFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
Master of nothing

Rewards Points: 500

It sucks! buy a veto

The carry strap will eventually rip off, the bag changes shape when you load it up, and the pockets suck,

I've got one if you want it
administr8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to administr8tor For This Useful Post:
mattsilkwood (01-25-2011)
Old 01-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #8

I have that bag. Seems to be holding up well after 6 months.

Tom
davis9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #9

I have the same bag jwjrw posted. It's a good starter bag although when I bought mine I wish I would have seen this one first. http://http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Tool-Storage-Tool-Storage-Workstations/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbtt3/R-202018002/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

As far as a Veto goes. I would love to have one, but as my tool collection grows and my wage as a helper goes up, I'll look into getting one.
stryker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 25

I just use my Gatorback belt as a tool bag. It has handles and everything. I still have a toolbox, of course, but I can carry the tools I need for most jobs in the belt with ease.
littlehulkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:38 AM   #11
I saw a guy do it once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehulkster View Post
I just use my Gatorback belt as a tool bag. It has handles and everything. I still have a toolbox, of course, but I can carry the tools I need for most jobs in the belt with ease.
I actually wear my gatorback...best toolbelt I've ever had. So comfortable.
SparkYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkYZ View Post
I actually wear my gatorback...best toolbelt I've ever had. So comfortable.
I wear it, too, once I start working. I carry it around as my tool bag between my bike and the van, and between the van and the job.

Once I get to the actual job, that belt (and totally uncool suspenders) is on until it's quitting time.

That said, I like my Gatorback because of the comfort, but the hammer loop constantly hits me in the back of the leg, and it has already blown a rivet (On a 157lb man wearing a large size belt, that is total bull****) and the tape falls off every time I put it on or take it off.

Don't get me wrong, it's the only tool belt that holds everything I need and doesn't break my back, but there are some improvements to be made.
littlehulkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehulkster View Post
I wear it, too, once I start working. I carry it around as my tool bag between my bike and the van, and between the van and the job.

Once I get to the actual job, that belt (and totally uncool suspenders) is on until it's quitting time.

That said, I like my Gatorback because of the comfort, but the hammer loop constantly hits me in the back of the leg, and it has already blown a rivet (On a 157lb man wearing a large size belt, that is total bull****) and the tape falls off every time I put it on or take it off.

Don't get me wrong, it's the only tool belt that holds everything I need and doesn't break my back, but there are some improvements to be made.

My tools are sitting on the ground for a reason....I don't wear them......
Old 01-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky87

How do you provide links I'm not sure how to
Copy and paste the address, from the web address on the top of the page.

http://www.google.com/m/search?q=hus...CCEQ7AkwBQ#i=9
Psyphren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #15
Ambassador of Amps

Rewards Points: 2,044

Why do you guys like the veto bags.. I picked one up and it was heavy - without 1 tool in it, and to top it off, it cost an arm and a leg. I dont get it. Is it a status symbol for electricians? because I sure dont see the payback for having one other than a hurt arm and an empty wallet.

~Matt

Advertising space available. Inquire within.
TOOL_5150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky87 View Post
What do you guys think or does anyone own one? Saw it at home depot for 30.00
I bought one five years ago, worked great for all the stuff I didn't want in my pouch everyday but might need, it lasted for about three years and then the bottom finally gave way.... bought a new one and found out they redesigned it, and its a piece of .... I finally got a Kline toolbox instead.
rma1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #17
Big Daddy

Rewards Points: 152

Because Veto tool bags are built like a tank. I have close to a $1000 of tools in it, so $100 or so for a tool bag doesn't seem bad to me at all. As far as the weight, ya I wished it would weight less. I guess it's the cost of wanted a rugged tool bag that still looks good after a hard first year of work.

I tried the husky bag, bought 2 of the square style totes over the last year as they redesigned them between my purchases. Hated them both. Never held there shape, and would always tip over it the truck.
Jamuz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamuz For This Useful Post:
administr8tor (01-24-2011), mattsilkwood (01-25-2011)
Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #18

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vest-Tech-Tool-V...item2eae7edbfa
This is the best toolbelt I've ever owned. Wish I had one 15 years ago. I've tried everything under the sun,belts, bags, suspenders...etc. This badboy is the easiest thing on your back, the weight distribution is amazing, it almost feels like you have nothing on. And the one thing I love most, you can throw it on right over a jacket with ease and no bunching up. Definitely worth every cent, and the vest tech site, they sell for $250!
Kill O Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill O Watt View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vest-Tech-Tool-V...item2eae7edbfa
This is the best toolbelt I've ever owned. Wish I had one 15 years ago. I've tried everything under the sun,belts, bags, suspenders...etc. This badboy is the easiest thing on your back, the weight distribution is amazing, it almost feels like you have nothing on. And the one thing I love most, you can throw it on right over a jacket with ease and no bunching up. Definitely worth every cent, and the vest tech site, they sell for $250!

That one is a lot less gay looking then the orange one I saw. .......I still would not wear one. I set my pouch beside me and carry my knipex, a flat screwdriver, and strippers in my front pocket. Razor knife in back pocket. Seems like I use those tools the most. My body loves me for not wearing my pouch.
administr8tor (01-25-2011), mattsilkwood (01-25-2011)
Old 01-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_5150 View Post
Why do you guys like the veto bags.. I picked one up and it was heavy - without 1 tool in it, and to top it off, it cost an arm and a leg. I dont get it. Is it a status symbol for electricians? because I sure dont see the payback for having one other than a hurt arm and an empty wallet.

~Matt
They are heavy, I'll give you that, but they really are built like a tank. Mine weighs 34# fully loaded and with the shoulder strap it carries really well.
As far as price goes, they are cheaper in the long run. I can go through two of the $50 bags in a years time, the Veto has a five year warranty, you do the math.

Some people can get by with tools from Wal-Mart, some people want quality tools that will last a long time, it's really no different than that.

administr8tor (01-25-2011), Charlie K (01-25-2011)