CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 11-26-2011, 08:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,086
Default Invoice/Statement Pads

What do you small 1-2 man shops use for statement/invoice pads or forms? I'm talking about what you hand write out and give to the customer when finished with your work. I want something with my info on it. Where do you get yours printed and how much do you pay for them? I currently just use a generic invoice/work order pad and stamp it with my info, but would like something a little more professional.

A Little Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
toothless peckerhead

Rewards Points: 2,904

Lil Lectric, your taking point of use (bird in hand) vs. go home and type it iut on the 'puter?

~CS~

chicken steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 512

I have a pad in the van of generic invoices that I can hand write (no company info, but I'll bet someplace like vistaprint would have them). But I hate my chicken scratch hand writing and avoid using it. I recently started using Invoice2Go with my phone, and added a mobile printer to the van. Professional printed (or emailed) invoices on the spot.
Podagrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken steve View Post
Lil Lectric, your taking point of use (bird in hand) vs. go home and type it iut on the 'puter?

~CS~
your drunk early
Mr Rewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
Registered Member

Most print shops can add your business info to a generic invoice
Old 11-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,000

Get quickbook online. You won't regret it. We email the invoices.
Bulldog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bulldog1 For This Useful Post:
captkirk (11-28-2011)
Old 11-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
Get quickbook online. You won't regret it. We email the invoices.
We invoice on the spot and get paid on the spot
Old 11-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
Registered Member

I used quickbooks to customize my invoices and estimates. Then I print blank copies for use in my truck on the fly. Most of my customers, I print the invoices or email them.
InPhase277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 500

Office max can make them for you think I paid $65 or $75 for 500 on 5 different pads so you can keep them in each truck
JmanAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
Jesus Scott

Preprinted letterhead with Quickbooks custom templates. Laptop and printer in truck. It takes a few extra minutes at the job but it's worth it.
electricmanscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 2,086

Most of my work, I get paid on the spot. I don't want to go home and email it. I want to hand it to them, then get paid.
I don't think Vista Print offers the invoices. They have note pads but I haven't seen anything like a work order or invoice type pad. I suppose I can check with local printers, I just thought there might be an on-line place that some of you are using.
I don't have a smart phone and don't care to pay the monthly data fee associated with them. Well, not yet anyways.
A Little Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Lectric View Post
Most of my work, I get paid on the spot. I don't want to go home and email it. I want to hand it to them, then get paid.
I don't think Vista Print offers the invoices. They have note pads but I haven't seen anything like a work order or invoice type pad. I suppose I can check with local printers, I just thought there might be an on-line place that some of you are using.
I don't have a smart phone and don't care to pay the monthly data fee associated with them. Well, not yet anyways.
A smart phone will allow you to take CC and for the data fee is around 10 bucks a month with ATT. I thought about setting a printer in the vans but realized that meant leaving the customer and I think face time with the customer is more important.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 250

Just google online printers. There are a 1k online printers that will print whatever you send them in carbonless form paper.
jbrookers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #14
Jesus Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rewire View Post
I thought about setting a printer in the vans but realized that meant leaving the customer and I think face time with the customer is more important.
What?
electricmanscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #15

Invoice 2 go is a great app for the iphone. Plus they have a free trial version.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott View Post
What?
did it go over your head
Old 11-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #17
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 500

Get an Ipad and invoice 2 go

Or if you really want to get serious about your business get this

http://www.electricalflatrate.com/

19kilosparky984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Lectric
What do you small 1-2 man shops use for statement/invoice pads or forms? I'm talking about what you hand write out and give to the customer when finished with your work. I want something with my info on it. Where do you get yours printed and how much do you pay for them? I currently just use a generic invoice/work order pad and stamp it with my info, but would like something a little more professional.
We have a local printer print custom 2 copy ncr forms in small quantities (I change something every time we print more ). It doesn 't cost much at all, less than $50. Also you can buy NCR (no carbon required) paper on line and print your own forms if you have time. It 's easy to find forms to customize with your logo and info.
yrman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yrman For This Useful Post:
A Little Short (11-29-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #19
Registered Member

What ever you use make sure you leave a card. Most invoices will be in file 13 by the next day in most cases.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rewire
A smart phone will allow you to take CC and for the data fee is around 10 bucks a month with ATT. I thought about setting a printer in the vans but realized that meant leaving the customer and I think face time with the customer is more important.
So, when you walk out to the van to get materials do you bring the customer with you to maximize "face time"?