Electrician Talk banner

Need comments on invoice

8K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  sparkie2010 
#1 ·
I saw this invoice online and decided to recreate it. However I would like your input and how I would be able to improve it.

Also If you need a copy I will send you a copy. :thumbup:

I hope I was able to attach the file correctly

Attachments

#4 ·
I don't like those check boxes either. What a complete waste of space.
If anything get rid of that whole thing and expand the "DESCRIPTION OF WORK" area.

QuickBooks is awesome with their invoices, estimates and statements. Everything is fully customizable.

#5 ·
I saw this invoice online and decided to recreate it. However I would like your input and how I would be able to improve it.

Also If you need a copy I will send you a copy. :thumbup:

I hope I was able to attach the file correctly
It look good exchept i would remove the labor section and include your labor with your stock charges plus you mark up and just give a grand total price.
Your customers do not need to know what your labor rate is. just the grand total for the compleated job:)

#6 ·
#11 ·
robnj772

I looked at that site and that invoice look plain. I just wanted to have something that looked and felt cool full of option. Plus I do Flat rate so it would be check off and price. Not a full open page to write a story for the customer.
You can customize that one.I have my logo and stuff on it.It is just a service call invoice.

I do flat rate too but I would need 4,000 check boxes to cover all that.

I suppose you could BeDazzle it.

Your putting way too into this.It is just an invoice.

#16 ·
I prefer not to break down pricing. My invoices will simply state what I did, and the total $.

For instance, "Install 2 120v 20a circuits in kitchen, install two GFCI receptacles, ground bathroom light fixture, replace ballast in laundry room, rewire furnace circuit in conduit.

Total : $4,198,247.13"

#22 ·
I do like your invoice but...
· I would start with some number other than the number thousand
· I would narrow down the task column that will give you more room for the work descriptions.
· Use binary code to number y the task
· Are you required to collect taxes in the state you are working? Do you have a permit to collect taxes?
· I would narrow down the 7 columns on the left hand side to only four, troubleshoot, inspect, rough- in and repair. You can always incorporate replace, install and finish wire in the work description.

I would greatly appreciated if I can get editable copy of the invoice,

Thank you

#25 ·
Yes been changing it around. It was created with illustrator, and then I make it into a form with acrobat.

I can edit any text or number field. Just like an excell form.

I want to thank you guys for your input and I hope it keeps on coming.

I will continue to make changes and if some of you wish a copy or just to view the changes please ask.

I am also trying to work on the terms and condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.