CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Community > Off Topic

Old 04-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,380
Default Funny Electrical Questions

Many of you may have seen these as they have been around but I thought I would post them for the newer members.

I thought these questions would be helpful to those studying for the electrical exam. I think it will be very helpful for inspectors as well as contractors to refresh what they should know. Email me if you need answers....

1. What color is a green ground screw?______________________

2. Electricity will leak out of pipes if you do not use rain tight fittings. T F

3. To trip a circuit breaker, you must stick out your foot as it walks by. T F

4. When dealing with conduit, the O.D. must exceed the I.D. or the hole will be on the outside. T F

5. A keyless fixture cannot be unlocked. T F

6. A circuit breaker reads "20" on the handle. This means it can trip 20 times before it is worn out. T F

7. If you plug something 110 volts into a 120 volt outlet, you will have 10 volts leakage. T F

8. When hooking up a 220 volt device, you must use 220 volt wire. T F

9. The gauge number of a wire is the number of plugs the wire can handle. T F

10. A flush mount device may only be hooked up to a toilet. T F

11. An ohm is a Hindu measurement of voltage. T F

12. Electrical Inspectors are also know as: _____________________

13. Service Entrance Conductors direct from the supply house with current already in them are very dangerous. T F

14. High voltage wire is used on upper levels of tall buildings whereas low voltage wire is usually found in the basement or underground. T F

15. If you have a molded-case circuit breaker, the mold can be washed off with warm soapy water. T F

16. Three ECs enter an empty room and lock the only entrance: the door. All have on a tool-belt with a regular screwdriver, a pair of lineman's pliers, and a roll of Scotch-33. The light overhead is supplied by a sinusoidal voltage source and the light has a 0.935% power factor. Harmonics are not a factor, but the Carnot Cycle might be. The next morning, all three ECs leave the room and lock the door behind them. How many ECs are left in the room? __________

Dennis Alwon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Alwon For This Useful Post:
Bama (04-22-2011), ce2two (04-22-2011), Demac (04-22-2011), The_Modifier (04-25-2011)
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 04-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Coaster Sparky

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
Many of you may have seen these as they have been around but I thought I would post them for the newer members.

I thought these questions would be helpful to those studying for the electrical exam. I think it will be very helpful for inspectors as well as contractors to refresh what they should know. Email me if you need answers....

1. What color is a green ground screw? Green

2. Electricity will leak out of pipes if you do not use rain tight fittings. T F

3. To trip a circuit breaker, you must stick out your foot as it walks by. T F

4. When dealing with conduit, the O.D. must exceed the I.D. or the hole will be on the outside. T F

5. A keyless fixture cannot be unlocked. T F

6. A circuit breaker reads "20" on the handle. This means it can trip 20 times before it is worn out. T F

7. If you plug something 110 volts into a 120 volt outlet, you will have 10 volts leakage. T F

8. When hooking up a 220 volt device, you must use 220 volt wire. T F

9. The gauge number of a wire is the number of plugs the wire can handle. T F

10. A flush mount device may only be hooked up to a toilet. T F

11. An ohm is a Hindu measurement of voltage. T F

12. Electrical Inspectors are also know as: ___***holes___

13. Service Entrance Conductors direct from the supply house with current already in them are very dangerous. T F

14. High voltage wire is used on upper levels of tall buildings whereas low voltage wire is usually found in the basement or underground. T F

15. If you have a molded-case circuit breaker, the mold can be washed off with warm soapy water. T F

16. Three ECs enter an empty room and lock the only entrance: the door. All have on a tool-belt with a regular screwdriver, a pair of lineman's pliers, and a roll of Scotch-33. The light overhead is supplied by a sinusoidal voltage source and the light has a 0.935% power factor. Harmonics are not a factor, but the Carnot Cycle might be. The next morning, all three ECs leave the room and lock the door behind them. How many ECs are left in the room? _____3_____
I passed.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenboy View Post
I passed.
You got the last one wrong.
Dennis Alwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Coaster Sparky

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
You got the last one wrong.
Now I'm currently reconsidering my choice of profession.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 250

That's freakin' hilarious!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 75

no **** just so our teacher said he gave us work he gave us a test with questions like that.

kdoyle201192 is offline   Reply With Quote