Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

400 watt metal halide ballast

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MDShunk 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone

I'm new to these forums and I have no electrical experience whats so ever so I registered in hopes someone can help me with a question. Well I just purchased a new ballast and am planning to build a greenhouse for the tomatoes and chilli peppers I've got growing and I've been told that the metal halide is great for vagetative and flowering and with winter on its way I have no other choice so I purchased a 400 watt Electronic Digital Switchable Grow Light not knowing it would only come with the power cord and light cord and not the socket.

The specs are as fallows:
120v/input Current 3.52A
50Hz/60Hz/Power Factor:>0.9
Total Luminous Flux:>41,000Lm /Energy Saving:30%
Harmonic Distortion:<10% /Crest Factor:<1.7
Frequency (Hz):25kHz ~ 100kHz/Loss of Input Watts (%):<10%

So my question is what type of socket would I need to purchase? I dunnot want to purchase the socket with the reflector or heat tube but just the socket itself. Hopefully someone here can help me since the 16 year old boy they got working at home depot in electrical couldn't answer me a darn thing. I also went to my local Hydroponic retailer, and they only sell the socket with the reflector or heat tube attached... so my only other option is to buy the socket in a hardware store, but just a bit confused on the matter on which socket suits me the best for this ballast.. I don't want to burnout my bulb or cause a fire hazzard.
So am hoping someone here can help me on finding the socket I need.

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Reactions: oldtimer
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.