Electrician Talk banner

Arc Flash

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  RIVETER 
#1 ·
Are there any interesting photos out there of arc flash encounters? Or any stories of the incident and/or safety precautions taken?

#6 ·
I was on a stretch like that for nearly a year :laughing:

It was a nice change of pace, but I really do love all the cool places I get to work on the commercial/industrial side of things.

On the job I'm on right now, every time I turn around I seem to notice something with a different voltage. Off the top of my head I've seen 6, 12, 24, 48, 120/208, 347/600, 2400, 15,00. I'm sure there's more oddball stuff I haven't seen, its a big plant. Safety is a pretty big deal on this job.

#9 ·
There's one over on the Fluke user's fourm where a guy was wearing full PPE - the hood and bent over to pick up a tool inside of some 480 gear. He contacted 2 phases with his head, its pretty nasty so if you get sick at the sight of a little blood don't try to find it.

#15 ·
Not sure what you are looking for, I have been an arc flash consultant for 15 years doing studies, expert witness, accident investigations, equipment repairs/replacement, training, ESWP developer, and mitigation solutions. I could bombard you with stuff.

Why don't you surf around here. http://www.arcflashforum.com/index.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.