CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Old 11-11-2010, 04:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default Best Places to Buy Tools Online

Should be getting an insurance check soon, for the tools that got stolen from my van.
I'm sure I forgot things, so I want to get the best deal possible, to cover me to make up for the things I forgot.
Looking for hand tools, SDS hammer drills, drills, porta bandsaw etc.

Edit to add: How do you guys keep your van secure from thieves?

Bob Kraemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 11-11-2010, 05:12 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kraemer View Post
Should be getting an insurance check soon, for the tools that got stolen from my van.
I'm sure I forgot things, so I want to get the best deal possible, to cover me to make up for the things I forgot.

Discount power tools, discount hand tools, power tools, hand tools, Starrett, automotive tools, laser levels

Tyler Tool - Discount Power Tools, Makita, DeWalt, Porter Cable, Milwaukee, Bosch, Hitachi, Delta, Dremel, Craftsman, Dremel, Rotozip, Festool, Fein

ChadsToolbox.com: fullest line of Knipex Tools, largest dealer of Checkpoint Tools!

Bosch Tools | Bosch Power Tools | Bosch at CPO

And of course, there's amazon.

No site is the be all, end all for tool purchases, you usually gotta look around and compare prices for most items.

Frasbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:16 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,004

Even more,Home Depot is an invite for truck rips.Always in the police report.....Sounds like they really dusted you out!

Last edited by bobelectric; 11-11-2010 at 06:19 AM.
bobelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 502

This will sound trite to some, but I have relationships with local tool dealers and I hate to see them go out of business because I buy something for 5% less online.

What if they go under and I need something for a job that same day?

Online shops can't get it to me in time, and even then if it is not right, there is 5 more days of waiting.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 500

I have had good luck with Tool-Up.
http://www.toolup.com/
rexowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #6

They did
Took my tool box, tool bag, 2 milwaukee hammer drills, right angle drill, porta bandsaw, sawzall, drill/hammer drill, battery drill/hammer drill...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobelectric View Post
Even more,Home Depot is an invite for truck rips.Always in the police report.....Sounds like they really dusted you out!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danickstr View Post
This will sound trite to some, but I have relationships with local tool dealers and I hate to see them go out of business because I buy something for 5% less online.

What if they go under and I need something for a job that same day?

Online shops can't get it to me in time, and even then if it is not right, there is 5 more days of waiting.
I agree, to a point. I live in a pretty small area and most of the local guys can order whatever tools you want but with a two or three week lead time. If it's something I can get local, by all means I'll pay a couple extra bucks but for most of my tools it just doesn't make sense.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
Monkey

Rewards Points: 150

I am guilty of buying some stuff online, but local is the way to go. We have a local shop that is pretty good. They do tool repair too.

If something breaks, you have someone you can go and return it.
DIRT27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
Les Voltage

Rewards Points: 500

Check out the pawn shops. You might be able to buy your tooks back.

Dig around on ebay find a seller that has an "ebay store" see if they have multiple toolss and see if you can get a deal and break on shipping. Just be sure to dig around through the feed back from that seller.
Voltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #10

I'd look on flea bay and see about some deals. Maybe buy some used also. That way you can keep some of that insurance money.
nitro71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #11
Registered Member

Western Tool Supply

Some of the most knowledgeable tool guys I know work there. It is their job to know how we get the job done, and every time I need a new powertool, I stop in at their location by my home.
miller_elex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:05 AM   #12

If I found a pawn shop that had my tools, he would give them back to me willingly, because he would have a .45 pointed @ his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltech View Post
Check out the pawn shops. You might be able to buy your tooks back.

Dig around on ebay find a seller that has an "ebay store" see if they have multiple toolss and see if you can get a deal and break on shipping. Just be sure to dig around through the feed back from that seller.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kraemer View Post

I don't know about buying tools, but the best place to talk to a few tools is www.electriciantalk.com
eric7379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #14

gee Eric, that hurts my feelings.