GIVEAWAY: Klein Tools 25 Ft. Double Hook Magnetic Tape Measure - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Like Tree72Likes
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
Administrator

Rewards Points: 3,934
Default GIVEAWAY: Klein Tools 25 Ft. Double Hook Magnetic Tape Measure

GIVEAWAY: Klein Tools 25 Ft. Double Hook Magnetic Tape Measure-et_tapemeasures_728x480.jpg

We are very pleased to announce that we have partnered with Klein Tools to give away their 25 Ft. Double Hook Magnetic Tape Measure to FIVE different members in a random drawing!

To enter this drawing, respond to the following question.

How do you protect your tools from loss or theft?

On December 7, 2016 we will do a random drawing from the responses in this thread to select FIVE winners.

Added Note: Responses to this thread should be limited to entering the giveaway by responding to the posted question.

The Klein Tools 25 Ft. Double Hook Magnetic Tape Measure is one in a line of innovative new tape measures from Klein Tools. These innovations, driven by jobsite research, make the tape measures easier to read and easier to operate.

This 25’ version features extra-large bold numbers, plus patent-pending bold lines every 1/8 making this new tape measure extremely easy to read, especially in dimly lit spaces. The blade also has numbers printed on both sides, reading horizontally on the front and vertically on the back, and the tape measure has a dual magnetic hook that secures easily to conduit and steel studs making the markings easily visible from above or below. The back of the blade also has a convenient Conduit Multiplier bending table for offsets and saddle bends.

Name:  86225_app4-2.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  46.8 KB

The tape measure case is also very durable with an innovative retraction speed brake that lets you control the blade return without having to touch your fingers to the blade. The enclosed design also helps prevent dirt and water from getting inside the case. The blade itself has a heavy-duty nylon coating that protects the printing.

Klein’s new tape measures are also available in 16 ft. and 30 ft. lengths, and 5m and 7.5m metric versions.

Sponsored by: Klein Tools, Inc.
MechanicalDVR likes this.
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2016, 09:54 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,142
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

I lock my doors! (it's free)

ETA: I just watched the video. That thing is bad to the bone. We can use the back to rest it on pipe. I've needed one of them forever. Thank you Klein for doing a great job.

ETA2: I'd like to add that they should also make it without the magnets for users who don't allow magnets in certain environments.
Cricket likes this.
(239) 848-6675

Last edited by MikeFL; 11-22-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:58 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 176
Default Keep track of them

I keep track of mine every day to make sure i have them all in my bag. I have carried my tool bag for so long I can tell if it needs to be cleaned because some stuff don't belong in there, or if a few tools are missing just by the weight.

I also mark all my tools with bright green dykem metal marker.
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:01 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 142
Send a message via MSN to gardiner Send a message via Yahoo to gardiner

I either keep them with me or locked in the truck.
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:01 AM   #5
Petulant Amateur

Rewards Points: 9,150

I can't comment on stolen tools because I rarely work around thieves. Lost tools I can relate to since I'm ADD. I'm also a member of the T Bar Exchange Program. If I leave a tool in a suspended ceiling, I take the one someone else left behind.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 472

Theft is not an issue here but forgetting to pick it up on the job is a problem. Sometimes leaving it in a ceiling or an attic is a problem.

I try to check my tool bad every time I use it and see if I have the correct tools.
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:47 AM   #7
Click Here

Rewards Points: 1,442

Ocd.
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
Band Member

Rewards Points: 7,932

Is agree ... that's a nice tape measure !

I only bring what I need to the job, and bring them back with me at the end of the day. I can pretty much tell by looking at my tool bag if something is missing too.

btw ... If I win ... I'll arrange to have you send it to Hack. We found out in a recent thread that he doesn't have a tape measure
Old 11-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 52

I either take them with me every night or lock them up in the job box.
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 120

Quote:
Attachment 95674
]
Everything has a place, keep everything in its place.

Also, I ALWAYS lock my doors!!!
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:58 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 1,113

A place for everything, and everything in it's place. I keep my tools with me, or locked in my truck.
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:24 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 16

All my guys have to log out & in each tool that's gets taken from shop, tool's not returned is there lost

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:25 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 1,112

I used an engraver to put my initials on them.
Never had any stolen. But have lost many.
Cricket likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Valdes For This Useful Post:
freefreeqaz (11-22-2016)
Old 11-22-2016, 03:08 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 414
Default How do I protect my tools from loss or theft?

I take them home every night, no matter how secure my client says the site is. Then they are locked up in a shed. I'm going to take it up a notch or two, and engrave them, and/or mark them with neon pink paint. The latter will help me locate them, and tends to repel most people on a site.

Looks like a pretty cool tape measure.
Cricket likes this.

Last edited by Islander; 11-22-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:11 PM   #15

Rewards Points: 1,440

Neon pink spray paint has allowed me to recover my hammer a few times. Found a carpenter with it in his pouch. I just walked up to him and removed it from the loop and walked away. Or just purchasing less than common brands. A pair of Greenlee linemans with stripping hole went missing for a few months. Was walking past the brick masons and saw them in their new coat of rust, just stooped down swiped them without breaking my stride.
Cricket and Islander like this.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #16

Rewards Points: 361

As others have said...always with me or locked in the van.
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #17

Rewards Points: 1,082

Always keep them with me and tools leave the job at the end of the day. They usually wear out before I lose one.
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:54 PM   #18
Modérateur

Rewards Points: 1,272

The tools are stay with me and never leave at job behind at all. no matter how good the protection is.

I put a Yellow/Green stripe tape on most of the tools but couple other tools I used flourscent pink on other tools what most common likely get swipped that slow down a bit.

screwdrivers I put a small dab of fingernail paint that useally do the trick to indentify it.

I always bring in and when get done I make a quick look to see if all my tools are there. can tell by looking or feel by weight.
Cricket likes this.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #19
Deplorable-Electrician

Rewards Points: 28,314

Quote:

This is really a multifaceted answer to the question. I keep the majority of my tools in task specific covered toolbags, the only open top bags are my two aerial buckets and they typically go from vehicle to lift and right back again.

I take as few tools as possible into a job and pick up after myself constantly. I keep my tools secured in my vehicle or in a large gang box even in my own garage and storage facility. Loaning out tools stopped a very long time ago.

I stay aware of which tools are in what bag and know right away if anything is out of place or missing.
Cricket likes this.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" mlk
Old 11-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #20

Rewards Points: 435

I keep my tools in a specific spot in my belt. I can tell if something is missing just by looking. As for tools walking off I keep them in the gang box at night and keep an eye on them while working.
Closed Thread