Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Outside Light Fixture; light flickers

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MDShunk 
#1 ·
I have a questions for anyone who can help. I know basic wiring, have books, I am a "do it yourselfer" for my home because I need to save as much money as I can.

So, I replaced my outside light fixture that sits right outside my front door. The light fixture is for outdoors but its not the classic white, black, neutral, its more like the inside type. Brown, ridged goes to white, smooth brown goes to black and copper to ground. I made sure the connections are tight, wire nutted them, and used electrical tape around them.

I hook these up, the light works fine and after a few minutes the bulb starts flickering bad. Its one of those 13 watt floresent energy saver bulbs that push in, instead of screwing in. Anyone experience or can share anything about this?

Thanks
Joe

#4 ·
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.