I foolishly ran 75' of 6/3 NM-B Romex in 2'' conduit underground from the main panel to a subpanel, I buried the conduit 24'' deep and put sand under and over it. At the time I was told it was fine by some stupid electrician
Now I found out I was supposed to use individual THWN wires because even though it's in sealed conduit its still a wet location. I've been using it like this for the past 6 months but im getting concerned because we've had alot of rain. It is my house and always will be so I don't really care about meeting NEC code as long as it's still safe.
I plan on taking out the romex and replacing it with THWN when I can afford the $300 eventually, but in the mean time what can I do to make sure it's safe? Can I put a 50amp AFCI breaker on the main panel? and what will actually happen when the insulation wears off and it arcs? Will I get electrocuted if I walk on the ground near the conduit?