Electrician Talk banner

Stolen wire.

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnJ0906 
#1 ·
Got hit today. I went to a house that was rough-in inspected already, but not closed in. I was to add a Cable outlet and a Phone jack. Went to the basement, and EVERY feed to the panel was gone. :censored:

Blew the rest of my day. Spent 4 hours redoing it all. (and talking to the officer who took the report.)

We have only been hit a couple of times, and not this bad (although it could have been much worse). Have any of you had a big problem?

#2 ·
Not for a long time. I don't do too much new work, and what I do is a custom off by itself or an infill build. It seems I hear of stolen wire more in tracts and developments. The last time was 6 or 8 years ago, and it was a whole master reel of #2 MC subfeed cable.

#6 ·
Good Lord! I can't beleive I didn't hear about this! :eek: It's just a couple of miles from the shop, and we have guys who live right in this area! I can't tell you how many times (dozens at least) I've driven by this place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.