Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wire to a shop

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  MDShunk 
#1 ·
ok, i have done alot of wiring both in homes and marine but this is a new one for me. i am putting up a workshop behind my house. i want to just run the panelin the shop as a subpanel off the main panel in the house. here is the problem. i need minimum 100 - 125 amp service in the shop, i need to burry the wire and the run from panel to panel is 480ft. not exactly what kind of wire i need to be using for this. the elec. co was going to do underground to my house last year when it was built. thats a 200 amp service in the house and they use some type of direct burial cable. not to sure how to approch this situation. any recommendations on how, wire type, etc.

#3 · (Edited)
yes i could have the elec co. come in and continue the electric back there but i live in this strange area of new jersey where the govt. made a law that requires all utility companies to rape you. underground service to my house would have been around 12g's to run 550'. overhead was 7.

#6 ·
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.