Contract Work in the Netherlands? Advice? - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > UK Electrical Forum

Old 10-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 183
Default Contract Work in the Netherlands? Advice?

Once again, I have a company wanting me to quote work out of country. My fears are:
1.Can I legally practice my trade in the Netherlands?
2.Taxes?
3.Visa's?
4.Wages?

It is an industrial cement plant for an oil field service company, for whom, I dont' know yet. I would imagine Haliburton? The contractor, that I am proposing through, is a company that I am used to doing business with. But, they seem to jump in to stuff sometimes without thinking things out. So, I am thinking them out.

Lots of unknowns for me, as I have never been out of country, except for on a beach in Mexico with a Tecate in my hand. Any advice would be welcomed, if any of you have done this before.
Huntxtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2015, 05:16 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10,520

You need to immediately phone the Dutch embassy // consulate nearest you.

They LIVE to handle such commercial matters -- and they have case officers that are experts dedicated to such issues. They would be delighted to take your phone call. Otherwise, they'd be bored stiff.

You are FAR from the only fellow needing the scoop on Dutch commercial law.

&&&

BTW, some things to keep in mind when dealing with the Dutch:

9,000 years ago you could walk from London to Amsterdam to Copenhagen.

The Thames, the Seine, and the Rhine were all joined tributaries that turned west and exited into the Atlantic just south of Cornwall.

Then the Atlantic Ocean rose -- and Doggerland was flooded.

This explains why the English speak English. The Angles of Danish origin simply re-connected with their cousins across the North Sea... (by way of Holland)

The result is that the oldest forms of English are strikingly close to the old forms of Dutch.

And, what else, the English and the Dutch are cousin countries, as the DNA markers show.

If there is anyone the Dutch are prepared to do business with -- it's the British.
telsa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:36 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 183

Good advice. Thanks, I'll use it wisely.
Huntxtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 82

The Dutch are most accommodating and amenable.

You will find you have to be registered/licensed and hold whatever qualifications they require. The registration system is very like Germany.

What line of work is this?
Old 11-11-2015, 08:35 PM   #5
motherplucker

Rewards Points: 1,992

I can only image some PPE requirements might be a tad different....

~CS~
chicken steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:13 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 82

Steve, that’s Norway, you’re a few miles off course.

You don’t want to know about taxes there. I was there for a short while, they can empty your wallet faster than you can fill it. Don’t even think about going for a drink in a bar.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:35 AM   #7
motherplucker

Rewards Points: 1,992

[quote=Tony S;2385274]
Quote:
Steve, thatís Norway, youíre a few miles off course.
I probably could'nt point you to Canada either Tony....

Quote:
You donít want to know about taxes there. I was there for a short while, they can empty your wallet faster than you can fill it. Donít even think about going for a drink in a bar.
Now that's no fun......
I mean, they have that knack here too, but at least we can drink away our sorrows...~CS~
chicken steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:54 AM   #8
Semper Fidelis

Rewards Points: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by telsa View Post
You need to immediately phone the Dutch embassy // consulate nearest you.

They LIVE to handle such commercial matters -- and they have case officers that are experts dedicated to such issues. They would be delighted to take your phone call. Otherwise, they'd be bored stiff.

You are FAR from the only fellow needing the scoop on Dutch commercial law.

&&&

BTW, some things to keep in mind when dealing with the Dutch:

9,000 years ago you could walk from London to Amsterdam to Copenhagen.

The Thames, the Seine, and the Rhine were all joined tributaries that turned west and exited into the Atlantic just south of Cornwall.

Then the Atlantic Ocean rose -- and Doggerland was flooded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EQb...AujnTDJxPcDcfk

This explains why the English speak English. The Angles of Danish origin simply re-connected with their cousins across the North Sea... (by way of Holland)

The result is that the oldest forms of English are strikingly close to the old forms of Dutch.

And, what else, the English and the Dutch are cousin countries, as the DNA markers show.

If there is anyone the Dutch are prepared to do business with -- it's the British.
Thanks Cliff:

Suncoast Power is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Suncoast Power For This Useful Post:
chicken steve (11-12-2015)