New Entrant - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > UK Electrical Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wildleg

Old 12-14-2016, 09:00 PM   #1

Default New Entrant

After working in Heavy Engineering for a dozen years, I'm looking at a career change. I'm studying to be a fully qualified electrician. Full Part P and 17th included.
What I'm looking at is possibly to get a job in a labouring role while studying. Could anyone tell me the best companies, places I should be looking at for work and possibly what pay I should be expecting/looking at?
Ideally I'll be looking at more industrial electrical work rather than domestic, as this is the field I'll wish to enter.
Any advice will be greatly received, Thanks.
Rhinecourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2016, 08:01 AM   #2
Safety Pin Member

Rewards Points: 2,876

Hi Rhinecourt,
Welcome to the forum.
If you get an opportunity to do non-industrial work I'd suggest you take
it. It's easier to be good at the specialties if you've got a wide base of
experience. IMO, everyone would benefit from a yr or so of residential
tract housing in their apprenticeship.
Good Luck,
P&L
Malignant narcissism is a psychological syndrome comprising an extreme mix of narcissism, antisocial personality disorder, aggression, and sadism.[1] Often grandiose, and always ready to raise hostility levels, the malignant narcissist undermines organizations in which they are involved, and dehumanizes the people with whom they associate.
PlugsAndLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
animal lover /rat bastard

Rewards Points: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinecourt View Post
After working in Heavy Engineering for a dozen years, I'm looking at a career change. I'm studying to be a fully qualified electrician. Full Part P and 17th included.
What I'm looking at is possibly to get a job in a labouring role while studying. Could anyone tell me the best companies, places I should be looking at for work and possibly what pay I should be expecting/looking at?
Ideally I'll be looking at more industrial electrical work rather than domestic, as this is the field I'll wish to enter.
Any advice will be greatly received, Thanks.
that seems like a challenge. perhaps if you would let on which continent on which you reside someone might be able to help.
MechanicalDVR likes this.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:10 PM   #4

Thankyou both for your reply. Yes agree p&l, getting as much experience in as possible is going to be the most beneficial. Thanks Wildleg.....I'm in the uk. And have car will travel.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:05 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,200

There is an electricians website in the UK although I can't seem to find it. You might be able to google it.
Bird dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:28 PM   #6
Deplorable-Electrician

Rewards Points: 2,108

Welcome aboard!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" mlk
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:37 PM   #7

Thanks DVR, and thanks Birdog I'll have a look.