Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum

Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum (http://www.electriciantalk.com/)
-   Union Topics (http://www.electriciantalk.com/f26/)
-   -   What is an HONEST assessment of today's IBEW job market? (http://www.electriciantalk.com/f26/what-honest-assessment-todays-ibew-job-market-55135/)

brian john 06-05-2013 07:47 PM

While a bias conservative organization take the time to read

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...dministration/

And my apologies to the mods.

electricmanscott 06-05-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian john (Post 1016044)
I got my lies about scandal from the AP, CNN and NBC real conservative organizations.

That we disagree is OK but that you see nothing wrong with what is going on says you either live with blinders on or are ignoring any of news coming out of Washington.


Or a complete moron, Or just trolling for the sake of trolling.

Even that beast Maddow has been critical of the administration. You KNOW it's bad when that happens.

walkerj 06-05-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electricmanscott
that beast Maddow

:laughing:

eejack 06-05-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian john (Post 1016047)
While a bias conservative organization take the time to read

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...dministration/

And my apologies to the mods.

from your article ( and to my point )

Quote:

Despite the abundant evidence of public skepticism, the trio of controversies appears to be exerting only a small impact on the president's standing among the American people.

brian john 06-05-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electricmanscott (Post 1016049)

Even that beast Maddow .

They try to fem her up but she still comes across looking like D i c k Butkus and then their is her attempt at trying to be a news reporter.

walkerj 06-05-2013 08:00 PM

I think the problem is that some people just believe whatever George Stephanopoulos tells them on Sunday morning or what the monthly newsletter or the BA tells them and some actually interpret what the news says and look at what is going on in the world around them. They believe all the adjectives and think that they are true.

eejack 06-05-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian john (Post 1016044)
I got my lies about scandal from the AP, CNN and NBC real conservative organizations.

That we disagree is OK but that you see nothing wrong with what is going on says you either live with blinders on or are ignoring any of news coming out of Washington.

I'm not saying nothing is wrong. What I am saying is instead of working together to try to solve problems one party is in full obstructionist mode, grinding things to a halt.

Bengazi is not a scandal - yet we are wasting massive amounts of effort on it. The IRS is not a scandal - yet - again...massive wasted effort.

Warrantless searches of the press - that is a scandal worth some time and effort yet it is not 'personal' or Fox is scared of something so no buzz.

Or perhaps Fox cried wolf so many times that America is weary of their 'Red Alert' status updates and constant hate mongering.

Any day now we are going through another debt ceiling standoff - maybe the tea party can get our credit down to junk status this time. That is when we will see the new Fox news come out...should be fun.

eejack 06-05-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkerj (Post 1016067)
I think the problem is that some people just believe whatever George Stephanopoulos tells them on Sunday morning or what the monthly newsletter or the BA tells them and some actually interpret what the news says and look at what is going on in the world around them. They believe all the adjectives and think that they are true.

So if I disagree with you my choices are those three and you actually look around.

Interesting viewpoint from someone who does not believe polls, nor believes anyone outside an area can 'know' anything about it. Direct involvement or keep useless opinions to yourself, I believe is how I read it.

I don't watch George Stephanopoulos, nor do my BA and I talk and I am not sure what monthly newsletter I am supposed to be reading - so what...

Fascinating.

brian john 06-05-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eejack (Post 1016069)
I'm not saying nothing is wrong. What I am saying is instead of working together to try to solve problems one party is in full obstructionist mode, grinding things to a halt.

And until the Dems decide to sit down and work with the Rebs we are screwed.

Quote:

Bengazi is not a scandal - yet we are wasting massive amounts of effort on it. The IRS is not a scandal - yet - again...massive wasted effort.

Major scandals and Hillary should be in jail (a bit of an over statement)with the POS's at the IRS not an over statement here and if this leads to the WH.......

walkerj 06-05-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eejack

I'm not saying nothing is wrong. What I am saying is instead of working together to try to solve problems one party is in full obstructionist mode, grinding things to a halt.

Bengazi is not a scandal - yet we are wasting massive amounts of effort on it. The IRS is not a scandal - yet - again...massive wasted effort.

Warrantless searches of the press - that is a scandal worth some time and effort yet it is not 'personal' or Fox is scared of something so no buzz.

Or perhaps Fox cried wolf so many times that America is weary of their 'Red Alert' status updates and constant hate mongering.

Any day now we are going through another debt ceiling standoff - maybe the tea party can get our credit down to junk status this time. That is when we will see the new Fox news come out...should be fun.

18% tea party in congress
4% tea party in senate

Yea what a huge blockage that is.

brian john 06-05-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eejack (Post 1016069)
IThe IRS is not a scandal - yet - again...massive wasted effort.

.


This is what Nixon backers said time again until it was proven where the SH*T started. And no one in the government is smart enough to risk their careers over this screw up. Now if they did this out of gross stupidity I might by it.

walkerj 06-05-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eejack

So if I disagree with you my choices are those three and you actually look around.

Interesting viewpoint from someone who does not believe polls, nor believes anyone outside an area can 'know' anything about it. Direct involvement or keep useless opinions to yourself, I believe is how I read it.

I don't watch George Stephanopoulos, nor do my BA and I talk and I am not sure what monthly newsletter I am supposed to be reading - so what...

Fascinating.

Exactly. I don't watch Fox News

You have beliefs.
Others have theirs.
I don't sit here posting 'facts' I post beliefs of mine and other sick America hating individuals.

I want to destroy this country is what you see but I see it the other way.

I think we should have a big alleyway brawl like on anchorman:shifty:
Don't forget public access...

walkerj 06-05-2013 08:20 PM

What I really think is that the nation should be split in to 2 states. The Central South and The Rest.
50 States are useless because no one can agree to anything in such small cross sections.
No need for war or any of that nonsense.

We will take the guns and freedom.
The others can have all the welfare and abortions.

eejack 06-05-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkerj (Post 1016087)
18% tea party in congress
4% tea party in senate

Yea what a huge blockage that is.

Yes it is.

eejack 06-05-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian john (Post 1016090)
This is what Nixon backers said time again until it was proven where the SH*T started. And no one in the government is smart enough to risk their careers over this screw up. Now if they did this out of gross stupidity I might by it.

The IRS targeted groups that were specifically ANTI IRS.

Sorry, but color me shocked.

Doesn't even seem like they had to try very hard either.

Did the president or anyone of consequence know about it - no.
But we can waste all sorts of time and effort ( that we could be spending getting real work done ) on tracking down exactly when Obama said terrorist. Or was that some other scandal that was worse than watergate. Or was that iran-contra...I forget.

Goldagain 06-05-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eejack (Post 1016069)

Bengazi is not a scandal

Dude **** you and your opinion.

2 navy seals were told to stand down, Africorps Order their air support to stand down. 4 people fought for there ****ing lives for 7 hours while the potus and the secretary of state watched and the secretary of state said "what difference does it make"

You sir, can respectfully eat a ****.

chicken steve 06-05-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian john (Post 1016090)
This is what Nixon backers said time again until it was proven where the SH*T started. And no one in the government is smart enough to risk their careers over this screw up. Now if they did this out of gross stupidity I might by it.

But they're still sayin' it, despite the fact that they've literally legalized the wrongs tricky ****y pulled off

~CS~

drumnut08 06-05-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampman

wow you have been drinking the union koolaid

Unfortunately , it's all part of the brain washing that takes place after being in for years . Deductive reasoning and doing what's best for yourself don't come in to play for a lot of these guys . Personally , I think it's a sinking ship as are all unions . They're imploding from the inside out too . We just had a local election and about a 1/4 of the local showed up to vote ! That's sad , but very telling ! Guys are tired of hearing " hang in there " , " a lot of big jobs should be starting soon " ! It's all lip service and sounds good until you're out of work for close to a year or longer ? The worst part is , we have a democrat in office as president , yet the unemployment rates ( union and non ) still soar ? I thought the Democratic Party were the ones who could keep you in the lifestyle you're accustomed to , lol ?

chicken steve 06-05-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldagain (Post 1016112)
Dude **** you and your opinion.

2 navy seals were told to stand down, Africorps Order their air support to stand down. 4 people fought for there ****ing lives for 7 hours while the potus and the secretary of state watched and the secretary of state said "what difference does it make"

You sir, can respectfully eat a ****.

So just what about the WH not giving a sh*t about the troops is scandanlous GoldOne?

~CS~

drumnut08 06-05-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicken steve

So just what about the WH not giving a sh*t about the troops is scandanlous GoldOne?

~CS~

What ? The government started caring about the troops ? When did this start ? Sad , but true CS !


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Copyright 2006-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved