Electrician Talk banner

tamper resistant plugs

8K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  jwjrw 
#1 ·
we install a lot of plug mold in the kitchen and bar areas,,,will this be a problem with the new t/r plug code

#23 ·
You do have to use tamper plug code in 2008. As far as I know they only make the metal right now. I just did a kitchen remodel and no supplier I could find makes the plastic yet. The plastic is easier to install and I dont mind too much BUT I HATE THE METAL! Customer gets what customer wants sad but true....

#27 ·
Must say I am not looking foreward to the rule on TR. Just installed my first one the other day (VA is now on 05). I was adding a receptacle for a community center that I do volunteer work. Thought with lots of kids around it could not hurt. Installed it and the plastic seems a little cheesy, and then realized my test ticker would not work and I had to get a receptacle tester just to see if it was hot.

Got to wonder how often this will really save lives, looks like a feel good move to me,or profits for the manufacturers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.