Warm Circuit Breaker
I have a space heater that runs of 1,500 watts, 120 volts, 12.5 amps.
I have had it running for approximately 30 hours straight. The circuit configuration for this heater is Leviton 20 amp outlet, 12/2 Romex and a 20 amp C-H Circuit Breaker all recently installed (new).
I just checked the circuit breaker on which the space heater is running and the circuit breaker feels warm to the touch, not hot, not cold, but warm. There is nothing else is running on this circuit. The other circuit breakers feels cold. Additionally, the 12/2 romex wires also feel warm and the wires not under heavy load use feel cold.
The thing is I noticed is the 12/2 wires to be warm about 20 minutes after running the space heater and after checking the wires after the space heater has been on for 30 hours straight they are still warm.
I have read that this is normal and nothing to be worried about, due to the high current flow the space heater is drawing. Is this correct?
Thank you for your help.
Last edited by ElectricMan2; 12-13-2010 at 07:59 AM.