CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > NEC Code Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 25
Default Nec 2011 pdf?

Is it trouble to ask for NEC 2011 PDF download link? I feel unfair about that. In my class today, some of us still uses 2008, few of us uses 2011. My instructor mentioned that NEC 2011 book provides free NEC 2011 PDF download. I was like what the heck. It had never happened to NEC 2008 I bought few years ago. Maybe I misunderstood him, but is there possible?

If it's illegal to ask, then my apologizes. Thanks!!!

deafelectrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
I own stock in FotoMat!
 
480sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cornpatch USA
Posts: 35,064
Default

SOME of the new '11 paperback copies have a yellow sticker on them for a 'free' PDF of the '11. But not all, and apparently not any of the spiral-bound or looseleaf versions.

The NFPA, in it's infinite wisdom, has decided that only those select/lucky few are entitled to a PDF.

__________________
Ark: ..............Arch: ................. Arc:
480sparky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Heavily Armed Member
 
HARRY304E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Reporting from the east coast of Moonbatchusetts..
Posts: 39,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafelectrician View Post
Is it trouble to ask for NEC 2011 PDF download link? I feel unfair about that. In my class today, some of us still uses 2008, few of us uses 2011. My instructor mentioned that NEC 2011 book provides free NEC 2011 PDF download. I was like what the heck. It had never happened to NEC 2008 I bought few years ago. Maybe I misunderstood him, but is there possible?

If it's illegal to ask, then my apologizes. Thanks!!!
From what i here some of the early 2011 had a free pdf but i could not find it..

It only allows one down load and your name appears at the top of each page...so you will have to buy it.....It's only money..
__________________
ES2 Flat Rate Software
HARRY304E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Coaster Sparky
 
thegoldenboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Western Massachusetts
Posts: 1,946
Default

There's a read only format available on NFPA's site, you have to subscribe in order to view it. It's nowhere near as handy as the PDF versions but it's free.
__________________
I saw a girl texting & driving the other day & it really made me mad, so I rolled down my window & threw my beer at her.
thegoldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 25
Default

Yes, my instructor mentioned to find yellow circle stick on the book.

It's new to me about 2011. I was not aware of this. Thank you all for your time to replay this.
deafelectrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: State of Euphoria
Posts: 14,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafelectrician View Post
Yes, my instructor mentioned to find yellow circle stick on the book.

It's new to me about 2011. I was not aware of this. Thank you all for your time to replay this.


Are you really deaf?
mcclary's electrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 25
Default

Yes, I am deaf.
deafelectrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: State of Euphoria
Posts: 14,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafelectrician View Post
Yes, I am deaf.

I've never met a deaf electrcian. During normal work, how is work ordered to you? Does your boss sign?
mcclary's electrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 25
Default

same idea concerns about my future with electric company, lol.

I am a full time student for Electrical Technology with AAS degree and graduate this May. I haven't started an electrician job yet but I def. will. I just found out a deaf electrician from Pittsburgh via facebook. I haven't tried ask him yet. I am working to get myself in I.E.C. program Harrisburg chapter. I have trouble to find three references in the order to get in I.E.C. program. Argh.
deafelectrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: State of Euphoria
Posts: 14,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafelectrician View Post
same idea concerns about my future with electric company, lol.

I am a full time student for Electrical Technology with AAS degree and graduate this May. I haven't started an electrician job yet but I def. will. I just found out a deaf electrician from Pittsburgh via facebook. I haven't tried ask him yet. I am working to get myself in I.E.C. program Harrisburg chapter. I have trouble to find three references in the order to get in I.E.C. program. Argh.

There are so many small intricate details of our work, you're either gonna have to be REALLY good, or your boss will have to sign some. I think would need your teachers to have the same communication level. You will need to be really determined in what you decide, Good luck.
mcclary's electrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 2,426
Default

It appears that the NEC books that were purchased by organizations like the IAEI, IBEW, and other such organizations had the free pdf and those purchased for normal retail sale did not.
don_resqcapt19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
 
pudge565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_resqcapt19 View Post
It appears that the NEC books that were purchased by organizations like the IAEI, IBEW, and other such organizations had the free pdf and those purchased for normal retail sale did not.
I bought 2 from the supply house and both had them. One was for work.
pudge565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:20 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Fiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 285
Default

My instructor told me that 2008 will still be used until 2014 or 2013, I forget. He told me that inspectors and municipalities never adopt the lastest NEC until it is mandatory that they do so. I wouldnt sweat it.
Fiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #14
Senior Moment
 
rlc3854's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: LA
Posts: 1,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiki View Post
My instructor told me that 2008 will still be used until 2014 or 2013, I forget. He told me that inspectors and municipalities never adopt the lastest NEC until it is mandatory that they do so. I wouldnt sweat it.
California is a little different in that they have their own codes which are based on the nationaly reconized codes like the NEC. However, they make amendments to each which takes time and legal review before setting in place. Look up Title 24 for reference. I am not sure but at one time Cali was under the UBC and may now be under the ICC. Oh and each county and city may have amendments also so one code does not cover all.

rlc3854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 nec pdf vos Off Topic 23 09-15-2013 11:40 PM
2011 NEC Draft vs. 2011 NEC knowshorts NEC Code Forum 6 02-06-2011 04:18 PM
Ma: 2011 nec 527 cmr 12 I_get_shocked General Electrical Discussion 2 12-30-2010 01:05 PM
Changes in 2011 NEC Charlie K NEC Code Forum 2 12-25-2010 10:43 AM
2011 nec RIVETER General Electrical Discussion 4 08-30-2010 11:51 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Copyright 2006-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | PlumbingZone.com | RoofingTalk.com