CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > NEC Code Forum

Old 02-23-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
Mostly Harmless

Rewards Points: 1,000
Default VIRGINIA..Dust Off Your '08 NEC!

Hi All, Just found out that Virginia will start using the 2008 NEC on March 1, 2011! (finally!) I thought it would be May, as usual. The new 2009 Virginia Construction Code becomes the new Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code effective March 1, 2011. Here is a link:

http://www.dhcd.virginia.gov/StateBu...lding_Code.htm

Sorry I kinda disappeared, I've been pretty busy! (sorry if someone has already posted this, I didn't check!)

brian john (02-24-2011)
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Had not heard that, thanks for the info.

Not sure I am happy with all that entails, but it had to happen eventually.

s.kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.kelly View Post
Had not heard that, thanks for the info.

Not sure I am happy with all that entails, but it had to happen eventually.

There's a one year grace period just like last time, and also, not all got adopted. They amended 210.12 (b) and reverted back to the 2005 wording, which pleases me. That "or similar areas" was a ridiculous thing to put in a code book.
mcclary's electrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 500

I'll have to look up that reference up, but I agree with the part about poor language for a code ref. Unless of course they plan to add a definition for "similar areas". Any chance that is in 11?
s.kelly is offline   Reply With Quote