CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Other Codes and Standards

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default Red concrete...

Does anyone know what "red concrete" is? I heard someone talking about using red concrete near a transfomer pad because it was being put in a truck yard. I have never heard of this before.

Any ideas?

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:16 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 506

They are probably talking about died concrete. It is used for duct bank so that it is easilly identified.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,998

I've heard of green concrete.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #4

What's the difference between it and normal concrete?
Old 07-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Petey View Post
I've heard of green concrete.
I knew you had a mean streak too...
Old 07-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellerex View Post
What's the difference between it and normal concrete?
NOTHING. OK kid that's it. NOTHING. It's just concrete that, when it's pouring out of the sloth a red dye is added to make it RED CONCRETE.

Geez...
Old 07-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #7

Default Stalker...

Hey, LawnBoy, if all you have to do is follow me around the board and flame all of my posts, maybe you should get a hobby!

Anyway, it doesn't matter what you do, like I told you in the personal response, I don't like men , so leave me alone or I'll report you to admin!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
DGFVT

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Does anyone know what "red concrete" is? I heard someone talking about using red concrete near a transfomer pad because it was being put in a truck yard. I have never heard of this before.

Any ideas?
I have done work where the concrete is dyed red to indicate high voltage.

Quote:
Hey, LawnBoy, if all you have to do is follow me around the board and flame all of my posts, maybe you should get a hobby!

Anyway, it doesn't matter what you do, like I told you in the personal response, I don't like men , so leave me alone or I'll report you to admin!
very interesting.jpg
Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #9

Oh, I had the impression that it was some kind of high-strength concrete, because the engineer said they would have to use it where the trucks drove through.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #10
53 GONE AT LAST!

Location: UK, by the seaside, besides the sea!! No F1 Champs this seaqson, though but
Rewards Points: 500

UK point of view.................Just a thought....he didn't mean RED as an acronym or some such thing for ' ReinforcED '...as I said , just a thought
Old 07-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
DGFVT

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimix-leccy View Post
UK point of view.................Just a thought....he didn't mean RED as an acronym or some such thing for ' ReinforcED '...as I said , just a thought
No as in the color "red" so some dimwit with a excavator doesn't kill himself thinking he is digging up a foundation or the likes.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #12
53 GONE AT LAST!

Location: UK, by the seaside, besides the sea!! No F1 Champs this seaqson, though but
Rewards Points: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
No as in the color "red" so some dimwit with a excavator doesn't kill himself thinking he is digging up a foundation or the likes.

...as I said, just a thought. Never heard of it over hear
Old 07-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #13

Same idea as an underground marking tape.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #14

Sounds like a sad way to protect high-voltage cables! If some moron with a backhoe is stupid enough to be digging up concrete without knowing what's underneath, I doubt red dye is going to make much of a difference...
Old 07-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #15

I ve dealt with dyed concrete a lot on school jobs and it is just something an engineer thinks is a good idea whether any of us agree or not. If you trenching and you run into a encasement and it's red now you know it's electrical.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:

At first I was going to brand this response as being somewhat "high school," but thats giving you too much credit. It's more jr. high school. What year did you graduate? (Thats assuming you did graduate.)

What is your purpose for coming to this forum? (Aside from sharpening your wit and charm.)
Old 07-29-2008, 08:39 AM   #17

I can see this is heading nowhere fast.

I think the original question has been sufficiently answered.

Closed Thread