CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Linework

Old 01-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
btr

Default Whats a good Lineman School to go to?

Im looking for a school to go to. Northwest lineman college is the only one i know of ... ANY GOOD??

btr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
Ambassador of Amps

I would start by asking the POCO.. Im sure they would know / or could train you themselves.

~Matt

Advertising space available. Inquire within.
TOOL_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
Chairman of the Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by btr View Post
Im looking for a school to go to. Northwest lineman college is the only one i know of ... ANY GOOD??
you rlocal power company..georgia power has one...join the union, after 6 years you're in a few later, you get a truck.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #4

Find the local lineman's union, contact them and find out about the application process and proceed from there. Earn while you learn!
BurtiElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
btr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_5150 View Post
I would start by asking the POCO.. Im sure they would know / or could train you themselves.

~Matt

WHAT IS THE POCO??

thanks
btr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #6

I think it means power company. You should check pg&e and edisons websites. Pg&e had ads for pre apprentice lineman awhile back

jason007 is offline   Reply With Quote