CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Lighting Design

Old 08-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default Delay in lights turning on...

Can anyone provide an explanation as to why a light fixture would have a noticeable delay between when the light switch was flipped and when the lights turn on. I have this situation occurring in my hallway where I have 2 fixtures with 3 G4 base halogen lamps each. It only happens if the lights have been off for a length of time (15 minutes +)

Thanks in advance.

Van

Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 08-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,366

Are they low voltage fixture. I do not know the answer but many LV tranies take time to respond.

Dennis Alwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Dennis,

I am not sure but I'll check. The other thing is that I have a larger model of the same fixture in the living room with 6 lamps instead of 3 and it does not have the delay. I guess it would most likely have a different transformer.

Thanks,

Van
Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 512

id say bad wiring or faulty transformer. any incandescent light should light up within a second
oliquir is offline   Reply With Quote