Electrician Talk banner

CH Plug-on neutral panel

10K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  backstay 
#1 ·
So has anyone installed one? Does it save time on labor?

How about the new 60-circuit MB panel?

#3 ·
Plug on neutral? Never heard of it..
Picture or link?

Looked it up...Looks like there's a neutral bus for the Afci breakers?
I have heard it and it will be used with GFCI or AFCI breakers to save a bit of more time and neater installment.

But I do not know the cost of the breaker in that fashon yet but I think it will be little more than convental GFCI or AFCI breakers.

As far for 60 space panels I haven't see it yet only if the states allow the larger panels if they adopted 2008 NEC cycle or later I think you can go many as 84 if you want to I know I did see the photo of the Canada load centre verison they can go that many.

So it will be matter of the time unless the local or states do not want them for some reason.

Merci.
Marc

#4 ·
Interesting... Dont know if they make a 2 pole version.. but I would only consider using SP breakers with the neutral clip.

Also, that requires the neutral bar to be in a position where some panel makers have been putting them and I hate bus bars "under" the breakers. SqD HOM has that and I hate it.

~Matt

#8 ·
I did one a couple years back and used it because I needed CH and thats all they had in stock. It was a replacement and I wasn't adding many circuits. I did use a couple of AFCIs or GFI breakers I can't remember. It might save some time if you were doing a new home. I wonder if the supply houses keep enough of the breakers in stock.

#16 ·
For the price adder, I'll stick to the regular one's.

I was pretty excited about that panel when it was announced almost 4 years ago. It really only has "sex appeal" to electricians. The building owner really only cares if the lights come on and the receptacles work. They don't care about AFCI and GFCI pigtails in the panel.

If the panels were the same price, I'd use them. Until then, I'll stick to the old style.

Reactions: BIGRED
#24 ·
i've used about 2 dozen of these panels and it saves a little time but also keeps the panel cleaner w/o those pigtails. The only problem i have with them is you get a 42 circuit panel with a 14 screw ground bar so on larger houses you have to purchase a second ground bar to be able to terminate all of your grounds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.