NYC (Brooklyn) Electricians - Con Ed - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Services and Service Equipment

Old 05-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 77
Default NYC (Brooklyn) Electricians - Con Ed

I inherited a job in Brooklyn where the hack electrician went MIA...

I need to upgrade the service from 100A to 200A due to the load in this Brownstone. The electric service is an underground network area.

As I'm going through the place, the hack put the ground wire from the MC cable on the neutral buss in the sub-panel on the main level. When the ground was removed, everything went out. Luckily there wasn't a big load otherwise things would have blown up. I find that the neutral coming in from the street has failed.

I have to call Con Ed to fix the neutral issue but prior to me calling them, I have to install a meter. Yes, the hack temp'd the job with no meter. The MC is going up to the sub-panel.

This is my plan:
- Change the end box to 12x24x8 so I can get it closer to the wood panel.
- Use an undeground meter pan so I can come into the side of it due to height restrictions then go into a 200A Main breaker panel

My questions:
- Is there a distance between the end box and meter pan?
- Could I use EMT between the enclosures?

Also open to any other suggestions.

Thanks

Billy T.

Last edited by gnxtc2; 05-13-2017 at 07:18 PM.
gnxtc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement