Electrician Talk banner

Name of cable management manufacturers

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  FlyingSparks 
#1 ·
Have a commercial building with many data drops that I am quoting.
The new space will have some drop ceilings and some open space ceilings, just painted black.

Does anyone know of a product range or manufacturer that I can start looking for some sort of conduit to span the open space so the data runs are not just out in the open?

I don't want to use EMT, I would like to find something like a square duct that has a removable cover so I can just lay the runs in, not pull them through conduit.

Thanks fellas.

#4 ·
Like the cable tray data guys normally use for that application? :laughing:
That will never work. Stop trying to make sense around here.

I'll let it go this time because you were away for awhile and may have forgotten how things go around here.:laughing::laughing:

#8 ·
The one around here is all exposed, strung everywhere, looks like a mad woman's ****e,

The office is for a marketing company with flat screens everywhere, all glass walls, modern type of finish.

I just wanted something that would enclose it and they could paint it.

#10 ·
I'd probably look at something like Wiremold's solid bottom cable tray or Panduit's FiberRunner cable routing system. They're both pretty stealth when viewed from below. Honestly, ordinary cable tray, filled with cable, can be sprayed black to match the open-ceiling and still look stealth. It's done every day.

#11 ·
MDShunk said:
I'd probably look at something like Wiremold's solid bottom cable tray or Panduit's FiberRunner cable routing system. They're both pretty stealth when viewed from below. Honestly, ordinary cable tray, filled with cable, can be sprayed black to match the open-ceiling and still look stealth. It's done every day.
Great, thanks

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.