Is my boss disrespecting me? - Page 5 - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > Electrician Apprentice Forum


Like Tree169Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2019, 09:34 PM   #81
Old Grumpy Bastard
 
MechanicalDVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Old Dominion"
Posts: 57,807
Rewards Points: 17,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HertzHound View Post
The thread didn’t really start out as five stars. I guess I have always been the guy to just do his job and not worry about striking up a conversation with the boss when/if he walks the job. I think he respects that.

I remember seeing the house on fire on the front page and the story being big news when it happened. I haven’t heard much about it lately. I’m two towns away. For some reason I want to say that town has had other case of partnerships going bad and making the paper. That MAGA guy has a golf course there. Another golf course there was wired for surveillance by the FBI. They got the guy that owned it for some Wall Street fraud. He’s still in prison.
You mean Brennan and Due Process Stables?
__________________
I'm as Christian as possible in the times we live in.

Always just a stallion in a china shop
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-31-2019, 12:14 AM   #82
Senior Member
 
HertzHound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: East coast
Posts: 225
Rewards Points: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalDVR View Post
You mean Brennan and Due Process Stables?
Yeah that’s the one. The guy that bought it at auction after it was seized, got his start from Brennan. Maybe something else going on their He built a big house on the property. That was the biggest house I ever wired. Looked like a hotel. Plus the two flanking houses/offices and pool house. Three floors. 12,000 sq foot per floor. His neighbor complained that the house was going to block the view of the golf course. So he didn’t get the variance to go to that height. He had to build the one floor into the ground. So he built a hill down the road and planted trees across the top of the hill. Kind of like a big middle finger. Man it must be nice to have money.

Around that time there was another mansion going up. It was almost complete. It had a fire. I think they lost the whole house. It had some sort of windows that couldn’t be broken. I think that was one of the reasons it was a total loss.
__________________
“Why say lot words when few words do trick”
HertzHound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:12 PM   #83
Old Grumpy Bastard
 
MechanicalDVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Old Dominion"
Posts: 57,807
Rewards Points: 17,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HertzHound View Post
Yeah that’s the one. The guy that bought it at auction after it was seized, got his start from Brennan. Maybe something else going on their He built a big house on the property. That was the biggest house I ever wired. Looked like a hotel. Plus the two flanking houses/offices and pool house. Three floors. 12,000 sq foot per floor. His neighbor complained that the house was going to block the view of the golf course. So he didn’t get the variance to go to that height. He had to build the one floor into the ground. So he built a hill down the road and planted trees across the top of the hill. Kind of like a big middle finger. Man it must be nice to have money.

Around that time there was another mansion going up. It was almost complete. It had a fire. I think they lost the whole house. It had some sort of windows that couldn’t be broken. I think that was one of the reasons it was a total loss.

I did several jobs at Due Process and at Brennan's house in Wall and the house his wife (ex)has in Allenhurst, along with his horse farm business.

I remember something about the bulletproof windows at that other house. Makes you wonder just how paranoid you need to be to go that route?
HertzHound likes this.
__________________
I'm as Christian as possible in the times we live in.

Always just a stallion in a china shop
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-31-2019, 07:48 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 13,554
Rewards Points: 25,356
Default

Paranoia at that scale is not paranoia.

The castle is built as a fortress out of guilt and projection.

The owner assumes that everyone is as criminal as they, themselves, are.
telsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:10 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 115
Rewards Points: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtnut View Post
Yep, and ears work well for that, at least always did for me

Turning around to see if the boss winks at you doesn't fall into the safety category.
If I relied only on my ears to keep me safe on the jobsite, I'd be blind and dead.

There are always welders lighting up an arc in a new location, not telling anyone or setting up a screen. Seeing that glow in your peripheral vision tells you to look away.

There are also other major dangers with not looking around... what happens if you're getting ready to put a 90 on the very end of a brand new 10' stick of 1" EMT, and don't do a shoulder check to see what's behind you? You clock someone in the face with the tail end of the pipe, knocking out teeth and drawing blood.

Props to OP for staying aware of their surroundings. I feel very sorry for anyone who gets stuck on a site with a sparky that relies on only their ears for safety!
quarky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #86
tjb
Cool Kid
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 580
Rewards Points: 363
Default Is my boss disrespecting me?

(Duplicate post)

Last edited by tjb; 05-04-2019 at 09:26 PM.
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:26 PM   #87
tjb
Cool Kid
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 580
Rewards Points: 363
Default

Pretty sure he didn’t say “only ears, and keep my eyes screwed shut.”
emtnut likes this.
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #88
Band Member
 
emtnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 5,594
Rewards Points: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky2001 View Post
If I relied only on my ears to keep me safe on the jobsite, I'd be blind and dead.

There are always welders lighting up an arc in a new location, not telling anyone or setting up a screen. Seeing that glow in your peripheral vision tells you to look away.

There are also other major dangers with not looking around... what happens if you're getting ready to put a 90 on the very end of a brand new 10' stick of 1" EMT, and don't do a shoulder check to see what's behind you? You clock someone in the face with the tail end of the pipe, knocking out teeth and drawing blood.

Props to OP for staying aware of their surroundings. I feel very sorry for anyone who gets stuck on a site with a sparky that relies on only their ears for safety!
This thread was about the boss not winking at him. Or maybe giving him a hug everytime he saw him

Oh, and I know how to work on a job site
tjb likes this.
__________________
_____________________________________
Your Mother was a hamster, and your father smells of Elderberries. ... Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emtnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:14 PM   #89
Band Member
 
emtnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 5,594
Rewards Points: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb View Post
Pretty sure he didn’t say “only ears, and keep my eyes screwed shut.”
Thanks TJ ... you're the first guy I like from New Hampshire
tjb likes this.
__________________
_____________________________________
Your Mother was a hamster, and your father smells of Elderberries. ... Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emtnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emtnut For This Useful Post:
tjb (05-05-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #90
tjb
Cool Kid
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 580
Rewards Points: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtnut View Post
Thanks TJ ... you're the first guy I like from New Hampshire


Grew up in Maine, born in Pennsylvania, so I’m not sure where that leaves me ... but I do like it here!
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:45 PM   #91
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 28
Rewards Points: 56
Default

To all the haters in this thread. This same guy told me he wants to keep me as a long term employee today.
RaptorsSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:18 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
brian john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gilbert's Corner VA
Posts: 29,769
Rewards Points: 1,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsSparky View Post
To all the haters in this thread. This same guy told me he wants to keep me as a long term employee today.
Nobody hates you but that is another sign of paranoia, what was said is you are a BIG PU**Y:vs_laugh:
The_Modifier likes this.
__________________
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now
brian john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #93
Member
 
Coppersmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 89
Rewards Points: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsSparky View Post
This same guy told me he wants to keep me as a long term employee today.
I hope you take that comment with a grain of salt. No employer can be held to the promise of long term employment. It's a sign that he likes you, but things change, both business and personal. Don't make any long term commitments based on what he says. If you always assume each day at work is your last (but don't stress about it), you will be better prepared financially and emotionally.
The_Modifier likes this.
Coppersmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old Boss Still Hasn't Sent My 2017 Hours To The State of Michigan MikeyTheElectrician General Electrical Discussion 2 06-09-2018 11:53 AM
Boss wants me to get use to working live JuniorSparky Electrician Apprentice Forum 21 02-27-2018 09:26 PM
Bucket Boss Canvas Wrench Roll & Rusty Wrenches Lone Crapshooter Tools, Equipment and New Products 5 04-30-2017 07:20 PM
Purolator's new 'BOSS' oil filter Wired.hassle Tools, Equipment and New Products 41 06-22-2016 05:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | PlumbingZone.com | RoofingTalk.com