Anyone have these? And do you like them? - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products

Old 09-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 530
Default Anyone have these? And do you like them?

I need a new drill bad, my Bosch died after 4 years, my Milwaukee has a bad trigger, my Hitachi 14.4 my dad gave me is about 5 years old and has dead batteries, and my Milwaukee M18 drill/driver is down to 1 battery and the drill is shot.

So I need Something new.

I want to know if anyone has these and how they work.
http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053

Or should I just get a Hilti already.

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
Mad Skills

Rewards Points: 2,050

Don't know anything about it....but....looks like it 0.70 cents cheaper at amazon....w/free shipping and no tax.

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-LCT200W...3676891&sr=8-2
Old 09-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Why not just get a new trigger for the red one?
Protech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protech View Post
Why not just get a new trigger for the red one?
I want to do that too, but at the same time I like a light drill also instead of lugging the red brick around.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #5

I've borrowed one briefly and really liked it, especially how short it was front to back to get in tight spots. It has power too for how light and small it was. The furniture guy(he was doing big lab setups in a pharma. so it was getting pretty heavy use) loved it. I can't really speak on battery life or anything long term but it seemed pretty nice.
lynx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
CNC

Rewards Points: 79

heard the white versions are the home owner housewife stuff. i love my makita lxt stuff. ebay has great deals on tool only and batteries, but i love amazon too. i noticed a ton of the original milwaukee 18v on craigslist for CHEAP, i love that line still
CNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,000

I don't own one,but borrowed one the other day from a guy that I was working with, and it is a pretty nice drill. I would consender buying one for myself.
william1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #8

I am leaning toward getting these for myself and the fact that it is a very good price.

Anyone have any other suggestions for drills???
Old 09-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 250

Spend the extra money and get the 3.0ah battery version. We sell both and find most customers that go with the 1.5ah (makita) or 1.3ah (Bosch) are usually slightly disappointed with the power. The customers that buy the 3.0ah (Makita) or 2.6ah (Bosch) love them.

JJ

Edited: Actually I just found out the LCT line cannot accept the 3.0ah batteries. You can put its 1.5ah batteries on other Makita cordless Li-Ion but not the other way around. That is why the LCT line is so cheap right now, it is designed more for a home owner rather than everyday commercial/industrial use. If you like that line we have the same exact thing in the Bosch line, except it will take the 2.6ah batteries.

http://www.aikencolon.com/Bosch-2561...mo_p_3332.html

If you put electriciantalk member in the comment box during your order, the system will give you a $100 discount. It will look like it is billing you $349.80, but it will only bill you $249.80, no tax.

JJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Aiken Colon; 09-23-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Aiken Colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #10

I like that drill, the White and Black model that takes the 1.5ah batteries.

Remember, it's about $100 less than the 3.0ah model. Also, the 3.0ah takes 45 minutes to charge a battery while the 1.5ah battery charges in 15 minutes. Also, the 1.5ah weighs less.

I do NOT feel that it is a homeowner drill. It's a great drill for 95% of the work. When I need to do something that requires a LOT of torque for a long time, such as drive 1/4" Tapcons all day, I go for the larger drill. But for everything else I use the 1.5ah model Makita, it's such a pleasure.

Who cares how long the battery lasts? The other one charges in 15 minutes, faster than you could kill a battery.
NewBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 10

Has anyone used the teir spool repair unit, or any other type of spool repair gadget

Last edited by hotdog; 09-26-2009 at 04:51 PM.
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 1,000

Stay away from the compact batteries unless you don't use the drill much. You'll wear out the batteries way faster because you'll be using them up and charging them twice a much as the larger capacity batteries. You'll also be pissed because these great new lightweight lithium batteries don't last lone and lithium is supposed to be so great!

Get the bigger batteries. You'll spend a lot less buying them now then paying for them individually later on.
gilbequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
3rd Generation

Rewards Points: 1,010

Definitely go with the 3.0 batteries. Those drills kick serious ass. And the compact one is compact enough to take a stubby spade bit and drill down the top plate on an outside wall with the roof line in the way, you have to switch bits to a longer spade partway through. That right there paid for my drills I bought. That one hole saved a whole lot of screwing around. I also got a sawzall in that same line for free when I bought mine and it's power is way better than the old cordless sawzalls. I feel comfortable relying on doing a small job without loading up the corded saw.
MF Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 152

ok i own alot of Makita gear, so here's my openion, the 3.0Ah Batteries are great i love them i only charge them once a week and i use them almost all day. haven't had a issue with them at all and they stay charged very nice as long as you take care them. If your looking for a new drill look for the sawzall, Hammer Driver Drill, Flashlight, Impact driver combo kit, This Kit is around 399.99(http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053) at Home depot. I also have the 10.8v(http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053) Drill and impact drill combo, Very good set, i use them as back ups when i gatta do a side job that doesn't require alot. They perform as good as the Dewalts or Milwakee's 14.4v Drills honestly. Then their is this then 18v Driver Drill (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053) It's great i love it and it's nice and light weight, No hammer drill function tho so that sucks but it has good power torque. it uses the 1.5Ah Batteries and those won't work with the LXT makita series. Keep in mind those Lithium ion works very well if you bring the batteries inside every Night and not leave them in your car as the cold will drain them faster. I hope this helps you out. some i own some of their other tools and Makita honors the warranty and they are very quick to respond.
CFine is offline   Reply With Quote