Earthing check within an office ring main - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products

Old 01-20-2010, 07:12 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default Earthing check within an office ring main

I am new to PAT testing and have purchased a fluke 6500 PAT from Uk with cal cert. It is for use in our office in Saudi Arabia. On initial plug in of the tester the fault code #77 came up earthing missing from supply socket. I have tried the Fluke 6500 in a few socket outlets with the same message. It will not let me go any further and will not go into the self test to idle screen.

I would assume because this is a new Fluke 6500 with calibration cert that the unit is OK and the earth connection within the UK floor sockets is faulty.

Building contractor has been back in and looked at a few of the socket outlets and said there is earth! I think looking at the standards of office wiring they may meen its physically present but might not be connected to anything.

I would like to know what the correct test would be to confirm the earth within this office instalation.

I am trying to PAT test our new UK purchased equipment but at the present time not getting very far.

If the earth connections within the ring main instaltion are bad this is something the contrcator will need to sort out. Easier said than done. I want to be very clear on the fault found. What method would be the most appropriate for the earth testing.
Nicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement