Halo Smart Trim - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Dennis Alwon
  • 1 Post By macmikeman

Old 12-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,428
Default Halo Smart Trim

Has anyone used these Halo Smart Trims. They are pretty cool.. They can be switched regularly and or you can actually control the lights thru your phone. You can adjust the lights from 2700K-5000K and you can turn individual units off and on.

Say you have 12 cans on one switch or no switch at all (constant Power), your app will show the layout and you can tough which lights you want on or off and you can change the kelvin of the unit.

You buy one color trim and then you can snap on a trim cover of a different color- about $15. The smart trim is about $30

From Home Depot

Schedule lights to automatically come on for mornings and nights
Easily dim the lights without in-wall dimmers through your phone
Easily adjust the room’s color temperature from warm to cool

We just installed 23 of them. They are the RL series
Dennis Alwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 4

Do you know if they have color changing ones that can be hardwired to a controller?
Apelectric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:24 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,428

I don't know but my experience people don't usually want color change especially in a can
Dennis Alwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
Senile Member

Rewards Points: 16,905

I don't know if these are the exact same ones , but I threw some up a couple weeks ago that had a slide switch on top with 5 different color temperature settings and were really helpful to me cause that particular customer was picky as hell about that, and now she is beaming about me. I got a 4 pack for $24 bucks from HD.
splatz likes this.
Just days before China unveiled a nuclear weapon that can "strike the US within 30 minutes with ten warheads" as part of a giant military parade, US Major General Lori Reynolds announced she's declaring "diversity" is a "warfighting necessity" which will help America defeat the more homogeneous nations of China and Russia.
macmikeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 3,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmikeman View Post
I don't know if these are the exact same ones , but I threw some up a couple weeks ago that had a slide switch on top with 5 different color temperature settings and were really helpful to me cause that particular customer was picky as hell about that, and now she is beaming about me. I got a 4 pack for $24 bucks from HD.
I did the exact same thing. The owner settled on 4000K. Not Smart, just a slider on the back side.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:37 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
I don't know but my experience people don't usually want color change especially in a can
I'm looking to use them in a soffet for Holidays, should have mentioned that. I didn't mean I wanted to light someone's hallway up pink lol.
Apelectric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:09 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 10

I swear every time I read this thread title I think it says "Hello Smart Tim"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(833) GPS-TIME
MikeFL is online now   Reply With Quote