Ideal Tool Tote - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products

Old 10-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75
Default Ideal Tool Tote

Anyone use one of these? If so, what do you think?

http://www.idealindustries.com/prodD...iers&l3=35-975

Ideal model 35-975 Tuff Tote

Last edited by Thayer; 10-13-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Thayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

that looks:

1) expensive
2) too small to carry many tools...

just my 2c.
heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 530

A while back our main supply house had one come in, Even at our company discount it was still $175.

I like it, It looks like it would last forever and be a great bag, But its just too damn expensive.

For that price Id buy a veto.
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 250

I have had that tote for over 10 years

it cost over $200.00 back then

great for service calls
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:30 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 154

I have one (in black). I should have got the regular leather one (hard to see into a black pocket).

I like it. No, it was not cheap. I bought it when the second latch on my metal toolbox looked like it was going to give way soon (the first one had broken almost a year earlier) I kinda figured I had earned it. This was also shortly after I started working the service division of my company and was taking my tools home every day or three.

It is definitely well made. I don't baby it and except for a little bit of fuzziness on the carrying strap, there is no real wear-and-tear to speak of after two years (I just took a good look at it and I am actually quite amazed at how good it looks - even the bottom).

You can't put every tool imaginable in it, but that's one of the things I like about it. Also, I know at the end of the day if something is missing since everything has a place and every place is full; with a toolbox I wouldn't notice I was missing a tool until I next needed to use it. The flipside of that is the issue of theft/borrowing. Last month I switched back to a toolbox for the job I am on now (new construction) so I can lock it at break/lunch but I will hopefully be switching back for the next job.
Stan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
R.I.P. 2014

Rewards Points: 4

They are a very handy little bag for service type stuff but little and expensive are the two biggest problems. For less money you can get a Veto that will hold more in a better organizational style.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

"One Nation Under God"
randomkiller is offline   Reply With Quote