Electrician Talk banner

Milwakie 31076

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Wiredude 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of the Milwakie 31076 Right Angled Drill?

#3 ·
I'm thinking about picking one up haven't had the money to invest in one but drilling through joists and studs are an absolute night mirror with a standard drill, especially cordless. So I might just throw out the cash to get one and save time.

#8 ·
The hole hawg is stronger, has a faster RPM and makes using larger drill bits cut thru quicker. The torque can hurt you so you have to be careful if the bit binds up. They also cost more.

#11 ·
The only place I can think of where the other drill would be better might be large hole saws or really large auger bits. IMO every where else the Hawg is better and I have em both. The other one sits in the shop although I though about getting one of the extensions for it.

#15 ·
We have an old Milwaukee RA, and an older Milwaukee Hole Hawg, as well as a new Makita 'hole hawg' (dont' remember the number off the top of my head). When we were shopping for the new one we considered another Milwaukee, but our tool rep with the supply house advised against the Milwaukee (which they do sell) and advised the Makita, saying that Milwaukees quality has gone downhill in the last few years.
The cord on the Makita was junk, but once we changed that out it's been an excelent tool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.