New Insert Jack Termation Tool, Better than Levitons? - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products

Old 08-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default New Insert Jack Termation Tool, Better than Levitons?

There is no easier way to terminate Cat 5e, Cat 6 and cat 3 jacks with this new tool called the Kwik System! If there is let me know because I haven't found it.

First lets talk about the jacks. If you terminated Leviton jacks these are the same as far as wiring style. Two things I liked better than the Leviton jacks is the 110's are pointier on the Kwik jacks making it easier to lace the conductors into the jack and then no split pairs helping it be a little faster! I know that's only 2 things but they made a huge differance when you do hundreds of these on a job site.

Sencond the tool cuts and terminates all the conducts at the same time insted of one at a time!!

Here's a video of a jack getting terminated

http://www.discount-low-voltage.com/kwikjacksystem.html

A better product and better price than Leviton and their Rapid jack system.

Comments Please!
cochise7969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
Electrical Contractor

Rewards Points: 75

Thats pretty sweeeet ! I do a lot of cat 5 & 6 installs along with compression RG-6 & RG-59 at a local TV station. I hope this tool will work with all brands of jacks. I prefer Lev. and Allen (ATP) The ATP has a point to ease with the untwist at term.point. The only thing I saw in the video I didn't like was he untwisted all the wires back to the insullation. I was brought up, twist stays till they seperate at point of connection esp. in cat. 6. It will still work either way I know, just attention to detail. I've heard of these just never seen one.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
Wire Ninja

Rewards Points: 6,421

I've used the Jack Rapid tool. What's different about Kwick System than Jack Rapid?
MDShunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 500

If all you use are Leviton jacks, then maybe so, but I have the Fluke/Harris Jack Rapid tool, so tend to think it would be the more useful one overall to an installer, since it has two interchangeable heads available for Leviton and Systimax as well as three others for Panduit, Ortronics and ADC jacks. One tool can do several different types and brands jacks by simply swapping the quick-change punch down heads.

It also looks like Leviton just slapped their name on the Jack Rapid so they could claim it as a proprietary tool and probably charge the uninformed consumer several times what it’s would cost from Fluke.
KayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
Ambassador of Amps

Rewards Points: 2,354

When someone makes one for Krone, Ill buy it. I see nothing different with this than the leviton quick jack tool, other than I dont have to buy special jacks for the tool. I dislike leviton, but would rather buy leviton than something from a store with 'discount' in the name.

~Matt
Old 08-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 10

I've used lots of Leviton Jacks in the past and used the rapid jack system. We did a Hospital job with hundreds of the Kwik jacks and the Kwik tool is metal and is more durable than the rapid tool-plastic and when you lose it like I did I felt better about not paying as much compared to the rapid tool. The way the jack sits in the Kwik Tool it feels very firm and the jack is not going anywhere. The Kwik tool has a small spring ball bearing that pushes on the jack. The Kwik jack has an indent and a v shaped grove on it and when they both meet its a very nice fit. With this Kwik tool its the same cutting/terminating head for the Cat 3,5 and 6. With the jack having higer/pointier idc's helping seperate the conductors easier and no split pairs helping me save lots O time. This is a better jack. We have still be using it on our descresionary business but we still use other brands when customers ask for them and we still like this jack over any brand at the moment.

Last edited by cochise7969; 08-28-2009 at 04:25 PM.
cochise7969 is offline   Reply With Quote