Riddex must be a hoax! - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products

Old 07-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default Riddex must be a hoax!

Hey friends, hadn't been on here in a while, been working.

I just was watching TV and a commercial came up, Riddex Riddex.com says you can plug in their plug and get rid of roaches in the wall. It probably produces a frequency they don't like(I don't doubt that). But to plug into one receptacle and clear the roaches out of one whole story is bogus, cause there's umpteen circuits on the bottom floor(duuhh).
Hope this doesn't bore anyone, it just irratated me that somebody would put out an infomercial that would take the American peoples money(the ones that haven't got a clue about how electricity works(suppose that recept went up in the attic cause it was a lonely in the hall and wires from that circuit didn't go through the wall(for what ever reason) then the wouldn't "get rid" of the roaches in that wall. Maybe you can help keep the roaches out of the relay panel in sub down the hwy.

Take Care!
Jamie

Last edited by 71model; 07-31-2009 at 10:13 PM.
71model is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Wire Ninja

Rewards Points: 6,421

Uhhhh..... Okay
MDShunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
I own stock in FotoMat!

Rewards Points: 6,520

Lessee here... I got a barrell lock key for $1350, and a home PF correction device for $700......
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
That Guy

Rewards Points: 2,002

Hey, I was having trouble coveying my point here as well. Please take a look at this post.
Do you think we could be long lost brothers?
Mr. Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,262

It's not only Riddex it's Jk Harris ,Taxmasters, Nutrisystems, most all of the auto warrenty insurance about 99% of all daytime TV ads are some type of scams.
I have been off work for a month with thumb joint replacement and one of the things I do is to look up complaints about what I consider over advertised products and services.
When you do a search and the first item is the ad for the product or service and everything beyond that is compdaints ripoff reports you know something is wrong.
Anymore I do not believe anything I see or hear in TV unless it's on Mythbusters.
LC
Lone Crapshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 150

The one that gets me is "Miricle Water"". I saw an ad on TV for it. Comes from a secret spring in Russia. Wiil cure your cancer,etc. I can't believe
1. They are allowed to advertise and sell this kind of BS. and
2. That there are people dumb enough to buy this ****!!
iaov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
That Guy

Rewards Points: 2,002

One of my customers is a bigwig for one of the nations largest vitamin/miracle pill/super drink powder manufacturers and he blatantly told me that 1) Whether you buy some highly regarded super extremo fitness pro muscle maker superman powder or vitamin from a franchise that specializes in that stuff or you go get the generic stuff off the shelf at your local foodstore it is most likely the exact same thing and 2) They spend an amazing amount of money on Lawyers to skate the fine line of utter B.S. health claims from use of the products......
Mr. Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 75

Well I guess enough people buy it to keep them on the market they have been around awhile. They have had a lot of tools that do-it-all and replace all your other tools.
Richard Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote