Sorry another toolbag thread!!!! - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products

Old 10-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default Sorry another toolbag thread!!!!

A few days ago I ordered some tools from a distributor including some Knipex Plier Wrenches, Knipex Cobras and a Veto Pro Pac.

Getting home today I was happy to find a parcel waiting for me. Opening it was like Christmas day.

I bought the Knipex Plier Wrenches in 250mm, 180mm, and 150mm to replace my old Bahco adjustables and they seem excellent.
The 2 pairs of 250mm Cobras will be used fora big SWA job I have next week, also great quality.

However after playing around for the last 30 minutes I am disappointed with the Veto Pro Pac OT XL. The picture on their site shows all the tools stood up neatly and looking great, in reality you only have enough pockets to get 2/3 rows of tools stood up. To get anything else stood is almost impossible.
I called the company who supplied it and they have arranged for me to get the closed top Pro Pac XL delivered tomorrow and this one picked up.

I am now worried this will be not as good as anticipaited.

Does anyone have one? Are they really as good as they look? Can I fit a 3lb Estwing Lump hammer in it as well as 16oz estwing claw, padsaw and all my other tools?

Cheers
thinkelectrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Mad Skills

Rewards Points: 2,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkelectrical View Post
... I am disappointed with the Veto Pro Pac OT XL.
Does anyone have one? Are they really as good as they look? Can I fit a 3lb Estwing Lump hammer in it as well as 16oz estwing claw, padsaw and all my other tools?
You wouldn't have these problems if you would follow my advice:
Hey Bucketheads....

Lookie here:

A lump hammer!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

Oooo, closed top?

Well, the model you're getting is taller than mine. I have the XXL Framer's bag, and while longer, it can't hold the tall tools like my 12'' channellocks and alligators without laying them down. On the plus side on the opposite side I have one big open compartment big enough to fit a sawzall without the blade installed, amongst other things. Gets pretty heavy, that's for sure.

Remember this bag isn't necessarily made for electrcians. A cluster of screwdrivers and nutdrivers aren't gonna stand so neatly together simply because the way the pockets are designed doesn't separate them enough to keep the handles from turning it into one big cluster f*ck.

I think you just need to try it on for size and see how it goes. I don't work out of my bag so any issues I may have with the bag are easily overlooked.

I am keeping an eye out for a new pouch, though.
Frasbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
Ambassador of Amps

Rewards Points: 2,354

Pics please. I am allready unhappy with my current bag and looking to change again.

I go through toolbags like a women goes through shoes.

~Matt
Old 10-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_5150 View Post
Pics please. I am allready unhappy with my current bag and looking to change again.

I go through toolbags like a women goes through shoes.

~Matt
lol, do you keep all the boxes they came in stacked up in your closet?

I would think Ideal and Klein bags would be the best, considering how long they have been in this industry. I have zero experience with bags, so I would have no idea.

JJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aiken Colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
That Guy

Rewards Points: 2,002

The black nylon Klein bags are great.......the belt that comes with them is f*cking horrid, I've gone through 2 of them in the last 4 years, they completely fall apart.
Mr. Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle View Post
The black nylon Klein bags are great.......the belt that comes with them is f*cking horrid, I've gone through 2 of them in the last 4 years, they completely fall apart.
Yeah I used to have the gator bags, but I got klein pouches on both sides of the gator highback belt, best combo so far.
mikeg_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:05 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 25

I have an XL and a XXL, both closed-top.

They are both great bags, the only complaint about the xl is that you can't fit bigger tools in it; I can just barely fit a hacksaw frame in laying down; along with a hammer.

The xxl still won't fit a 2' level however, but has a nifty cutout spot where you can fit the short end of a builder's square on the side with few pockets.

They are good bags, but quite spendy; would consider using a good old fashioned metal box but the veto's shoulder strap makes it a no-brainer for carrying.
heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
R.I.P. 2014

Rewards Points: 4

I have been using the Veto LC since January and haven't had any thoughts of changing it out yet and that's a record for me.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

"One Nation Under God"
randomkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 77

random killer can a hacksaw fit in the LC veto bag ?
st0mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
R.I.P. 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0mps View Post
random killer can a hacksaw fit in the LC veto bag ?

No but it can be hung on the outside with carabiners.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

"One Nation Under God"
Old 10-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #12

here is a pic of my xl with a hacksaw frame and hammer.

hopefully that will help you...hammer measures 13.75", hacksaw frame @ 16".
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #13
R.I.P. 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by heywood View Post
here is a pic of my xl with a hacksaw frame and hammer.

hopefully that will help you...hammer measures 13.75", hacksaw frame @ 16".

I find the XL too heavy to carry out of the truck all that often.

"One Nation Under God"
Old 10-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #14

I concur, but I'm an apprentice and often work out of a gang box.

Guess I'm not the best guy to hit up for an opinion on issues faced by a service truck driver.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #15
R.I.P. 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by heywood View Post
I concur, but I'm an apprentice and often work out of a gang box.

Guess I'm not the best guy to hit up for an opinion on issues faced by a service truck driver.
I keep the stuff I need in the LC bag and the XL in the truck for the occasionally used tools.

"One Nation Under God"
Old 10-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #16

I need to take a picture of my XXL.

I only take it home on weekends, otherwise I keep little dial locks on side and stuff it in the gang box.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #17

yeah, woulda put more stuff in it but I'm laid off right now; while I write this I'm busy cleaning and organizing the shop area...since I'm so bored here's a pic of my meager space:
Attached Thumbnails
Sorry another toolbag thread!!!!-shop_space_poor_quality.jpg  
Old 10-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #18

I wish I resided somewhere permanently so I could have a garage to put all my tools.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:30 AM   #19

I wish I didn't have to break all this down and move it all 2x in the next year...trying to buy a house and need to move everything soon 'cause the landlord is looking to live alone in the next few months.

If anybody lives in the greater Seattle area, I am looking to get rid of a ton of hi-quality materials; I worked as a stockman and when they told me to throw stuff away I couldn't bring myself to.

/hi-jacking thread...didn't mean to; sorry!