Electrician Talk banner

Through Shaft Nut Driver

8K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  brian john 
#1 ·
Is there such a thing? Hollow all the way though with a hole in the handle is what I want. I tried drilling out a Klein nut driver but there's a crimp in the middle of the shaft that is smaller than the size of the hole in the nutdriver.... man was I disapointed! My moment of genius quickly dissapated.

Anybody know of a true through shaft nut driver?

#2 ·
Is there such a thing? Hollow all the way though with a hole in the handle is what I want. I tried drilling out a Klein nut driver but there's a crimp in the middle of the shaft that is smaller than the size of the hole in the nutdriver.... man was I disapointed! My moment of genius quickly dissapated.

Anybody know of a true through shaft nut driver?
What size hex are you looking for?

#11 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I've seen those and I have no doubt they'd work prefect for what I want them for. My only problem with them is that that would be another tool that I have to carry in my bag.

What I really want is a true, through shaft nut driver.

#17 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I've seen those and I have no doubt they'd work prefect for what I want them for. My only problem with them is that that would be another tool that I have to carry in my bag.

What I really want is a true, through shaft nut driver.

Only problem with a nutdriver is lack of torque when looking to tighten something down. I keep the O ratchet set in the truck and just bring in the size I'm working with. The set I have isn't very large to begin with.

#14 ·
#37 ·
Actually, I have had to mount strut on a wall before and trying to get a wrench in between the strut to tighten the nuts (especially when the all thread is 12" long) is impossible. Since I do not have a through ratchet I have just used a cheap deep 9/16" socket and put my channellocks to it. A through nutdriver would be handy for that, but really...how much torque can you get out of it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.