Tool Bag Photo's - Page 195 - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products


Like Tree444Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2016, 06:28 PM   #3881
Member
 
Miller6386's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 79
Rewards Points: 79
Default

Got the new bag loaded today but I don't think it's going to work.



Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Majewski likes this.
Miller6386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #3882
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 683
Rewards Points: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalDVR View Post
Great little tester
It's saved my ass quite a few times. I wish the jaws on the clamps were wider though.
TRurak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #3883
Old Grumpy Bastard
 
MechanicalDVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Old Dominion"
Posts: 60,165
Rewards Points: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRurak View Post
It's saved my ass quite a few times. I wish the jaws on the clamps were wider though.
I've used larger clamps and just clipped onto them.
__________________
I'm as Christian as possible in the times we live in.

Warning: I've been known to make snowflakes whine
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-29-2016, 08:35 PM   #3884
Old Grumpy Bastard
 
MechanicalDVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Old Dominion"
Posts: 60,165
Rewards Points: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRurak View Post
It's saved my ass quite a few times. I wish the jaws on the clamps were wider though.
Carry three of this style just the next size up or so.

Majewski likes this.
__________________
I'm as Christian as possible in the times we live in.

Warning: I've been known to make snowflakes whine
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:46 PM   #3885
LV1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 32
Rewards Points: 42
Default

Hello all. New here but I thought I'd join the party
http://imgur.com/a/XyW6E
LV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:01 PM   #3886
Big nosed attic troll
 
Majewski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: In a van down by the river!
Posts: 7,544
Rewards Points: 2,774
Default

Welcome and NICE set up!
__________________
I've been alive as long as I can remember.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Majewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:06 PM   #3887
LV1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 32
Rewards Points: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majewski View Post
Welcome and NICE set up!
Thanks man. I went to work for a shop a little over a year ago that provided "a truck stocked with tools", upon arriving I quickly realized I needed to get my own because other techs would lose stuff provided and I wasnt going to be held responsible for that. I set out to get everything I could possibly need. The roll is my go to, comes in on every job large or small. all the rest depends on the duties at hand.
LV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:08 PM   #3888
Big nosed attic troll
 
Majewski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: In a van down by the river!
Posts: 7,544
Rewards Points: 2,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV1 View Post
Thanks man. I went to work for a shop a little over a year ago that provided "a truck stocked with tools", upon arriving I quickly realized I needed to get my own because other techs would lose stuff provided and I wasnt going to be held responsible for that. I set out to get everything I could possibly need. The roll is my go to, comes in on every job large or small. all the rest depends on the duties at hand.
Very smart of you, right off the bat doing it right! I barely touch lv but still recognize and like the set up.
__________________
I've been alive as long as I can remember.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Majewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:11 PM   #3889
LV1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 32
Rewards Points: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majewski View Post
Very smart of you, right off the bat doing it right! I barely touch lv but still recognize and like the set up.
I start with a new shop on Tuesday after labor day. They are an electrical contractor with a separate low voltage division so Im hoping to learn so new tricks along the way.
Majewski likes this.
LV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:14 PM   #3890
Old Grumpy Bastard
 
MechanicalDVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Old Dominion"
Posts: 60,165
Rewards Points: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV1 View Post
Thanks man. I went to work for a shop a little over a year ago that provided "a truck stocked with tools", upon arriving I quickly realized I needed to get my own because other techs would lose stuff provided and I wasnt going to be held responsible for that. I set out to get everything I could possibly need. The roll is my go to, comes in on every job large or small. all the rest depends on the duties at hand.
I take it you're non Union?
__________________
I'm as Christian as possible in the times we live in.

Warning: I've been known to make snowflakes whine
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:15 PM   #3891
LV1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 32
Rewards Points: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalDVR View Post
I take it you're non Union?
Yes sir.
LV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:18 PM   #3892
Old Grumpy Bastard
 
MechanicalDVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Old Dominion"
Posts: 60,165
Rewards Points: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV1 View Post
Hello all. New here but I thought I'd join the party
http://imgur.com/a/XyW6E
Man that's like a DeWalt catalog. Wasn't aware they make that much stuff.
Majewski likes this.
__________________
I'm as Christian as possible in the times we live in.

Warning: I've been known to make snowflakes whine
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MechanicalDVR For This Useful Post:
Majewski (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 10:19 PM   #3893
Old Grumpy Bastard
 
MechanicalDVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Old Dominion"
Posts: 60,165
Rewards Points: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV1 View Post
Yes sir.
Welcome aboard! Just paid attention to your post count.
__________________
I'm as Christian as possible in the times we live in.

Warning: I've been known to make snowflakes whine
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:21 PM   #3894
LV1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 32
Rewards Points: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalDVR View Post
Man that's like a DeWalt catalog. Wasn't aware they make that much stuff.
oh theres more. I havent been able to justify the "need" for it just yet but their new line of 60volt stuff looks pretty sick.
Majewski likes this.
LV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:26 PM   #3895
Old Grumpy Bastard
 
MechanicalDVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Old Dominion"
Posts: 60,165
Rewards Points: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV1 View Post
oh theres more. I havent been able to justify the "need" for it just yet but their new line of 60volt stuff looks pretty sick.
Before you invest in 60v, try some other brands in the specific type tools that interest you.
Majewski likes this.
__________________
I'm as Christian as possible in the times we live in.

Warning: I've been known to make snowflakes whine
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:33 PM   #3896
LV1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 32
Rewards Points: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalDVR View Post
Before you invest in 60v, try some other brands in the specific type tools that interest you.
Yea, I'm at a pretty solid point right now where I can do anything I could need to do. I've used Milwaukee, ridgid, makita. If Hilti wasnt so damn pricey I'd pick one of those up. My Klein stuff has been solid. All in all im happy with what I have put together and when I get on to a large prewire or final install I have it right there. What I love doing most is rack building and typically I get by with just my roll of hand tools and gryo driver.
MechanicalDVR and Majewski like this.
LV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:36 PM   #3897
Old Grumpy Bastard
 
MechanicalDVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Old Dominion"
Posts: 60,165
Rewards Points: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV1 View Post
Yea, I'm at a pretty solid point right now where I can do anything I could need to do. I've used Milwaukee, ridgid, makita. If Hilti wasnt so damn pricey I'd pick one of those up. My Klein stuff has been solid. All in all im happy with what I have put together and when I get on to a large prewire or final install I have it right there. What I love doing most is rack building and typically I get by with just my roll of hand tools and gryo driver.
Have you ever worked Union? Do you get compensate in the range of PW scale?
__________________
I'm as Christian as possible in the times we live in.

Warning: I've been known to make snowflakes whine
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:38 PM   #3898
LV1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 32
Rewards Points: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalDVR View Post
Have you ever worked Union? Do you get compensate in the range of PW scale?
Never have. I do pretty well for myself tho. Truthfully I didnt know LV falls under any union.
LV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:48 PM   #3899
Old Grumpy Bastard
 
MechanicalDVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Old Dominion"
Posts: 60,165
Rewards Points: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV1 View Post
Never have. I do pretty well for myself tho. Truthfully I didnt know LV falls under any union.
The IBEW represents all aspects of electrical work. When I see a non Union guy like yourself that is supplying all those tools I can't help but feel you are being taken advantage of by your employer. If they aren't paying you decent and giving you a package similar to what the Union in your area pays they are just using you.
Majewski likes this.
__________________
I'm as Christian as possible in the times we live in.

Warning: I've been known to make snowflakes whine
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:54 PM   #3900
Big nosed attic troll
 
Majewski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: In a van down by the river!
Posts: 7,544
Rewards Points: 2,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalDVR View Post
The IBEW represents all aspects of electrical work. When I see a non Union guy like yourself that is supplying all those tools I can't help but feel you are being taken advantage of by your employer. If they aren't paying you decent and giving you a package similar to what the Union in your area pays they are just using you.
I'm non Union and I have to agree with Mech, I hope you are being compensated above a new guy off the street with no tools.
__________________
I've been alive as long as I can remember.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Majewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bags, tool

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Name this tool John Tools, Equipment and New Products 11 09-30-2012 03:37 AM
Paging all tool hounds, tool **** inside NC_Electrician Tools, Equipment and New Products 128 09-11-2010 03:08 PM
new tool nick Tools, Equipment and New Products 3 08-06-2008 09:42 PM
new tool nick Tools, Equipment and New Products 8 07-09-2008 06:02 AM
New tool ToddH General Electrical Discussion 10 05-26-2008 05:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | PlumbingZone.com | RoofingTalk.com