veto pro pac XL - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Equipment and New Products

Old 05-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
Master Electrician

Rewards Points: 2,002
Default veto pro pac XL

who here owns one of these bags? how do you like it?
electricalperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Waaambulance Driver

Rewards Points: 28

I have had one for about 3 years and I love it. It can get heavy if you keep piling stuff in it. Full loaded it weighs about what my bucket weighed. The neat thing about the Veto is I have every tool I need in one spot and you can find them. Also bought one for my son and he loves it. Caught them on sale at Amazon for about 105.00 each and free shipping.

Charlie
Charlie K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

I own the XXL and I love it, I'll try to post a picture sometime tomorrow night. Its very heavy loaded up but usually I drop it wherever I'm set up and load up my tool pouch from there. I have tried using buckets, husky brand bags, a Ridgid brand bag and even a couple of others but none compare for my needs. I am extremely anal about my tools and organization in general. That said I can tell rather quickly if I am missing something just by glancing at the front compartment. I can also say that Vito's customer service is amazing. I tore the zipper on my first bag almost a year after owning it and 3 days after I called them i had a new bag on my doorstep. So bottom line they are expensive, but for me they are the best bags out there. Hope that helps. - Nick
Greenblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
R.I.P. 2014

Rewards Points: 4

I have the XL and LC. I use the LC as a daily work bag and the XL as storage in the truck. The LC carries more than enough for daily work.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

"One Nation Under God"
randomkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Master Electrician

the XXL is pretty huge. i could nevercarry that many tools in my bag
Old 05-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 250

I have the XL and the LT-XL. They are both great bags. The LT-XL is about twice the price but it can hold a laptop in it which is great for programming and it is also great for carrying note pads etc....the one side is good for holding test/ office equipment as well. I don't really think that the few things more that you get out of it justify the added expense but I am a tool buff and it was worth it to me. I would absolutely recommend the XL though. These bags are the best I have ever owned for many reasons and I have owned many bags.....
Kletis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #7

Here are those pictures as promised. This bag probably weighs in at around 40Lb. Fortunately I usually don't have to go to far to park it lol. However with the shoulder strap it really isn't that bad carrying it around when I do have too. Like I said, it is the best bag for me.
Attached Thumbnails
veto pro pac XL-p1000838.jpg   veto pro pac XL-p1000841.jpg   veto pro pac XL-p1000842.jpg  
Greenblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
Ambassador of Amps

Rewards Points: 2,354

Thanks for the pics greenblinker - I didnt realize that that bag was more than I thought. It actually looks pretty cool.

I am undecided about having open access to the handtools though - I like that it zips and they are covered, yet I also dont like that at the same time.

~Matt
Old 05-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #9
Wire Ninja

Rewards Points: 6,421

The Sanley FatMax A-Frame toolbag is a pretty good substitution for the Veto if you're on a budget.

MDShunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 1,000

Those Stanley's are sold at Lowes and they are somewhat comparable in design. But, they're not nearly as nice and nowhere near the quality or heavy-dutyness of the Veto. But not bad for the money, I think it was right at $50.

I've got the Veto XL and love it, definitely worth the money. I'd love to have the LT-XL, not for the laptop space but for the extra compartment....but there's no way I'm spending that much on a tool bag.

Get the Veto, you won't regret it.
gilbequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 526

Another alternative to the veto. http://www.goclc.com/products/detail002.asp?partNo=1539

I like it a lot. I personally chose it over the veto due to the storage in the middle as well as the sides.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #12
Master Electrician

veto is my new love now ill never go anywhere else now.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricalperson View Post
veto is my new love now ill never go anywhere else now.
Ok wow do you want a private room or something ?
gilbequick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #14
Master Electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbequick View Post
Ok wow do you want a private room or something ?
i knew someone would make a comment. i should of edited that
Old 06-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #15

Looks good. Nice setup.
NevadaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #16
Bababoee

Rewards Points: 2,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblinker View Post
Here are those pictures as promised. This bag probably weighs in at around 40Lb. Fortunately I usually don't have to go to far to park it lol. However with the shoulder strap it really isn't that bad carrying it around when I do have too. Like I said, it is the best bag for me.
hey man, How do you like that hilti cordless? im in the market for a new system. The milwukee v28 is just not cutting it for me.
captkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #17
Old Grumpy Bastard

Rewards Points: 23,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by captkirk View Post
hey man, How do you like that hilti cordless? im in the market for a new system. The milwukee v28 is just not cutting it for me.

That Hilti 121A is much slower in rpm than any other drill I have ever used but as for blowing holes in panels with unibits for punch studs it just keeps on going.
MechanicalDVR is online now   Reply With Quote