Induction heaters - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Trade Topics > Industrial Electrical Forum

Old 04-23-2019, 09:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 64
Default Induction heaters

So, I’m a maintenance electrician in a forge and I’ve posted here in the past about some issues we have with some of our induction heaters. Is there anyone here that has enough experience with them that they would be able to analyze a scope trace or two? I’ve contacted the mfg’s service dept but they are slow to respond. If anyone is interested in helping then I can give some background of the issue. Any help would be awesome!
TheDude_Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 6,463

Just out of curiosity, what signal are you trying to diagnose with a scope?
Old 04-24-2019, 07:46 PM   #3

+15vdc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2019, 07:54 PM   #4

But since you asked...

The units are billet heaters. They heat a steel billet to 2400° in appx 20 seconds. This is an older unit around 32 years with dated logic. I’m looking at the voltage after the dc reactor but before the transformer and then of the actual load circuit. Also looking at the CTO which is the current in the tank circuit. The voltages go through a step down xfmr and then on through a line sensing board and then into the actual logic which is where I pull the signal.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:36 PM   #5

I may have misunderstood what you were asking for. Im looking at the CTO and PV