Adwords - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 254
Default Adwords

Does anyone here use adwords to advertise? I only use service magic right now, and I've used elocalelectricians.com in past but I've never tried adwords. If so, how does it work for you? Lately, word of mouth has been getting me most of my business.
Zparme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Retired Account

Rewards Points: 14,650

what means adwords?

~CS~
chicken steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Lep
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"

Rewards Points: 2,927

Is elocalelectrcian.com any good?
Lep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
8 n Skate

Rewards Points: 500

adwords are keywords you buy from google. ex. electrical repair, ceiling fan install.

I have priced out some adwords. electrical repair is $3.65 per click ceiling fan install is $2.94 per click. Pricing goes by area.

before you start you set a budget. daily and monthly.

monthly should be no less than 300 per month. MIN.

back to pay per click you can out bid another EC for electrical repair. lets say it is 3.65 per click you can set a max limit of 28.00 per click and this will put you right on the top of the page. if the other EC only bids a max of 5.00 you will pay no more than 6.00 per click.

you can choose multiple areas or just 1 town where you pay per click or (PPC).

right now you're thinking this could add up real quick. I could use my 300.00 in 1 week or less depending on how many adwords (Keywords) you want to pay for. This is why googles stock is over 6-700 per share.

one could easily spend 1200-2000 per month to be king. There is a EC in my area that no matter what I search they come up on top in the shaded area. They are spending BIG money!

I was all set last week to set a budget at 330 per month but did not pull the trigger. It all started with the $100 coupon they sent me.

all these different advertising avenues make my head spin.

The member carryourbooks laid it out for me a couple months ago. I was not not happy with what he told me but he was right. He said why waste your time managing your web site, do electrical work and let the other guys worry about the web site. He referred to foot bridge media and their 150 website with seo. I checked up on him and he was on every first page organically in all the towns he services. If he only pays 150 per month he is getting a hell of a deal. mean while all my first page organic listings have fallen drastically. (except a few)

It's a crazy game Try to play for as cheap as you can
SVT CAMR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SVT CAMR For This Useful Post:
chicken steve (06-19-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
8 n Skate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lep View Post
Is elocalelectrcian.com any good?
I just signed up with them for another month. doing a generator quote tomorrow from them. If I get it it will make the whole month great for ROI.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,292

i pay $600 per month right now. i'm not sure if that is a good amount because i have nothing to compare it to. it keeps my phone busy though. i definitely get my roi out of it. i'm thinking about increasing it to get even more. footbridge media does that for me too. my bank sent me a new cc the other day, therefore impeding my google adwords for about a week. business went south. i got it fixed asap and phone started ringing like clockwork. by far, my best investment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
carryyourbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carryyourbooks For This Useful Post:
SVT CAMR (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #7
Lep
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"

So you guys think "foot bridge media" is the way to go.
They handle the media, website,etc.
$150 mo. seems reasonable.
You think that will generate business?, hooking up with" foot bridge media"

Last edited by Lep; 06-18-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
8 n Skate

Quote:
Originally Posted by carryyourbooks View Post
i pay $600 per month right now. i'm not sure if that is a good amount because i have nothing to compare it to. it keeps my phone busy though. i definitely get my roi out of it. i'm thinking about increasing it to get even more. footbridge media does that for me too. my bank sent me a new cc the other day, therefore impeding my google adwords for about a week. business went south. i got it fixed asap and phone started ringing like clockwork. by far, my best investment.
So does foot B do it all or do you pay the adwords separately? 600 per mo for everything? one payment to foot b?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lep View Post
So you guys think "foot bridge media" is the way to go.
They handle the media, website,etc.
$150 mo. seems reasonable.
You think that will generate business?, hooking up with those guys
If you do not have someone close to do your website or have no clue how websites work foot bridge is a great place to start. I'm basing my opinion on the person above. His website is good and he is found everywhere in his service area what more could you ask for. I tried to do things on the cheap and had fun with my website but now realize I need to be concentrating on making money. It's bad enough with all the paper work involved with running a business. I might be calling them myself.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
Lep
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"

Well like I said, I flip cards at these meetings 4/ 5 meetings a month
early in the morning .
Put out door hangers Around neighborhood I do jobs at.
Hand them. To. Custumers, Put stacks of them, Liquor stores,
Hardware stores, I have a bunch with me all the time.
I think it's good low budget marketing, I get lots of service changes from the realtors
Insurance companies want old panels changed. another thing is
I'm the only electrician at alot of these meetings.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #10

i find that realtors are cheap. they always want estimates, but never want the job done.

$600 is just for google. sounds like alot, but it pays for itself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by carryyourbooks; 06-19-2012 at 12:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to carryyourbooks For This Useful Post:
SVT CAMR (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #11

Rewards Points: 1,000

I know ECs who spend $9000/ month on adwords. It generates about 60k/ mo in revenue. If you can be on the first page organically, that is best.
yrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #12
Resi Service Electrician

Rewards Points: 550

You have to play with adwords a bit to hit its sweetspot. Every area is different. A really good investment for us for sure. So many people call us from google. Had a pretty relaxed day today, pulled in about $1700 (almost all labor, less one gfi) all from google adword calls.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #13

i looked at a job (this is just one example) today. will do it thursday for $2800. i had another (an elderly couple) who called. another EC (commission based) tried to rape them. after they refused the other EC for obvious reasons, they called me.

happens every day. i fixin' to go on vacation. i will suspend adwords for a few days while i am away. you can start/stop it when you want. its almost immediately effective when you do within minutes.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #14
Retired Account

Rewards Points: 14,650

very interesting books, is there a link, tutorial, or some sort of 'starter' info that i (et all ) could delve into?

~CS~
chicken steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #15
Resi Service Electrician

Rewards Points: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by carryyourbooks
i looked at a job (this is just one example) today. will do it thursday for $2800. i had another (an elderly couple) who called. another EC (commission based) tried to rape them. after they refused the other EC for obvious reasons, they called me.

happens every day. i fixin' to go on vacation. i will suspend adwords for a few days while i am away. you can start/stop it when you want. its almost immediately effective when you do within minutes.
Unfortunately a lot of comission based electricians end up like that. This is why management needs to be doing their job. Contractors are just as bad though.