Brochure - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 10-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150
Default Brochure

Thinking of making an advertisement brochure that will come in the mail to home owners offering various electrical upgrades to a home. Say 3 options. Option one changing of plugs and switches all new white decora. Option two includes new selected lt fixtures. And 3 could offer 200amp upgrade say. Starting from least expensive to most.

Any thoughts or ideas on brochures in mail that have worked for you.
mattdolan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Jesus Scott

Rewards Points: 232

There are guys here that will rip your idea. (They are in their mom's basement on ET all day) Do it. Anything you can do to put your name in front of people is a good idea.
electricmanscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
RIP 1959-2015

Rewards Points: 1,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott View Post
There are guys here that will rip your idea. (They are in their mom's basement on ET all day) Do it. Anything you can do to put your name in front of people is a good idea.
I wish my mom had a basement..

Seriously though that works and pass them out at the local supermarket ,HD,Lowes anywhere you can..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HARRY304E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #4

I was thinking in the mail. I got a quote for 6000 advertisements downtown for $1800 delivered, printed, color. That's 35cents an add. That doesn't sound so unreasonable.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
RIP 1959-2015

Rewards Points: 1,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdolan16 View Post
I was thinking in the mail. I got a quote for 6000 advertisements downtown for $1800 delivered, printed, color. That's 35cents an add. That doesn't sound so unreasonable.
You can create and print them out your self and just do the foot work your self instead..

HARRY304E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
animal lover /rat bastard

Rewards Points: 1,038

The thing about advertising is to make it really work for you you need to track it. Later on whey you have multiple forms of advertising you need to know what is working and what should be abandoned, so your dollars are working for you. If it's paying for itself, that's a good thing. Keep track of it and on the next cycle you don't have to guess whether or not your dollars are well spent. Keep track of the zip codes so if you decide to use zip code targeting ads you know what zip codes to use. etc etc.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
I own stock in FotoMat!

Rewards Points: 6,520

I got a real silly question, Matt....

With all these noob questions you're asking, are you just wanting the rest of us to design your entire company for you? I mean, I think it's great you want to hang out your own shingle, but you are doing nothing but asking question after question after question about running a business. Have you tried anything else but lurk on an internet forum?

What's next? What business-related software to buy? Who has the best cell phone deals? What truck to get?
Old 10-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 480sparky

With all these noob questions you're asking, are you just wanting the rest of us to design your entire company for you? I mean, I think it's great you want to hang out your own shingle, but you are doing nothing but asking question after question after question about running a business. Have you tried anything else but lurk on an internet forum?

What's next? What business-related software to buy? Who has the best cell phone deals? What truck to get?
Haha thanks buds. I'll just keep asking and if ya feel like helpin out shoot. I ask a lot of questions. Some not necisarry but it's how I am. Most advice given on Here is not helpful but a few hints have been great.

What do you do besides trash and bash? Don't you have some work to do? At least I have an excuse. I havnt even started.

Please refrain from
Commenting on my posts. Your wasting valuable time when you should be out making big $$$. Or maybe u have no work ans it's you who should be asking
Some of the basic questions

Good day. Chump.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdolan16

Haha thanks buds. I'll just keep asking and if ya feel like helpin out shoot. I ask a lot of questions. Some not necisarry but it's how I am. Most advice given on Here is not helpful but a few hints have been great.

What do you do besides trash and bash? Don't you have some work to do? At least I have an excuse. I havnt even started.

Please refrain from
Commenting on my posts. Your wasting valuable time when you should be out making big $$$. Or maybe u have no work ans it's you who should be asking
Some of the basic questions

Good day. Chump.
It's people like you; rude, ego, narrow-minded that gives America a bad name. Shame on you for that. Half my
Family is American and they too are tired of unintelligent people like you.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #10
Fond of three phase

Rewards Points: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdolan16 View Post
Thinking of making an advertisement brochure that will come in the mail to home owners offering various electrical upgrades to a home. Say 3 options. Option one changing of plugs and switches all new white decora. Option two includes new selected lt fixtures. And 3 could offer 200amp upgrade say. Starting from least expensive to most.

Any thoughts or ideas on brochures in mail that have worked for you.
Unless it was mentioned before, look around your immediate area and notice how many older homes have old services and other obvious external non-code wiring. Send them a letter, offering a deal on upgrades.
retiredsparktech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
Jesus Scott

Rewards Points: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 480sparky View Post

Yeah Matt, how dare you try to educate yourself don't you dare ask any more questions.

You should have been born a know it all like certain other less than helpful people.
electricmanscott is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electricmanscott For This Useful Post:
19kilosparky984 (10-10-2011), BBQ (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 804

Matt,

When I first started out I created a brochure and went door to door of businesses in the area. I introduced myself and handed out my business card and brochure. I met one customer who I ended up doing business with to the tune of several thousand dollars. Don't let the gray hairs on this site put you down and ask a lot of questions.
Chris1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 480sparky View Post

So he should be mocking others calling someone a hack or making fun of their name? Maybe you should get off here and go look for a job.
Mr Rewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #14

Haha thanks for the positive feedback. We can ignore the ignorant and go back to helping each other.

Going shop to shop, business to business is a good idea. For me it would be easy where every street is lined with shops, restaurants and small businesses. I'll do that forsure