Company t-shirts - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Tonedeaf
  • 1 Post By Kevin_Essiambre
  • 2 Post By MotoGP1199
  • 1 Post By MHElectric
  • 1 Post By Thirty-eight
  • 1 Post By Thirty-eight
  • 1 Post By paulengr

Old 06-24-2020, 12:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 934
Default Company t-shirts

So my girl who I always got my shirts from is no longer doing it. There are places around I can go to but I'd like to see my options.

Does anyone get their shirts online? Who have you used?

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #2
See you at CBE

Rewards Points: 553

I am a one-man show, so I don't go through many. I got two dozen of them printed from somebody on eBay 4 years ago. Two sides, one color. It was like a hundred bucks. Cheap money.
JoeSparky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,210

I been using customInk.com. They are fast. and you can re-order easy so you don't have to stock 500 shirts.

I like Hanes beefy cotton pocket T or Gliden heavy cotton pocket T. I stay away from the synthetics cause we typically wear FR long sleeve button down shirts when we work.

Last edited by Tonedeaf; 06-24-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Tonedeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonedeaf For This Useful Post:
splatz (06-25-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2020, 10:02 PM   #4
Beam Me Up Scotty

Rewards Points: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonedeaf View Post
I like Hanes beefy cotton pocket T or Gliden heavy cotton pocket T. I stay away from the synthetics cause we typically wear FR long sleeve button down shirts when we work.
I wear 100% cotton whenever I'll be working around live power or a source of ignition (open flame, idiots, etc) but there is a place for something like the Hanes COOL DRI polo or Tshirt. Its made from synthetic material, but also has UVA and UVB protection, and lets you "breath". I've been thinking of ordering a case of them for working outside (which I've been doing lots of lately).
splatz likes this.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:51 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 835

I use these polo shirts from Promotique. I work on mostly commercial and they look professional. You get price breaks depending on how many you order.

https://www.promotique.com/product/s...polo/P4Y82Y4Q6

They are fast drying and very cool in summer. I can wear them all day in the 100* weather and it is much cooler than cotton. I don't get sweat stains or wet spots even if you spill water on them. Shirts will dry in 10 min or less if they get wet. Now if you're in an arc flash situation, it would be bad since they are synthetic. If I'm working on something I'm worried about I throw a FR shirt on.

#HACKLIVESMATTER
MotoGP1199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:21 AM   #6
Hackenschmidt

Rewards Points: 3,140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonedeaf View Post
I been using customInk.com. They are fast. and you can re-order easy so you don't have to stock 500 shirts.

I actually looked at their web site before, I wasn't sure whether their made-in-USA meant the printing was all done in the USA, or the t-shirts they use are also made in USA. Now it looks pretty clear on the web site that the shirts they print are made in USA.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:15 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,504

Does anybody here ever order shirts in mass quantities from Carhart, Dickies or Red Lap? Could you just order the type you like online and send them to a local printing shop?
Speedy Petey likes this.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:14 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHElectric View Post
Does anybody here ever order shirts in mass quantities from Carhart, Dickies or Red Lap? Could you just order the type you like online and send them to a local printing shop?
no need to take them to a printing shop with carhartt. I have a company logo that is a .jpeg and they converted it to an embroidery friendly file perfectly for all my shirts right from the factory.

I don't have enough posts to post a link but go to carhartt's main website and search for 'brand your gear'. Think it was about 40 bucks to set up the embroidery logo and a few dollars per shirt and 2 weeks later they come in the mail.
MHElectric likes this.
Thirty-eight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thirty-eight For This Useful Post:
MHElectric (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 10:16 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 42

https://companygear.carhartt.com/?ic...itors-onebrand
MHElectric likes this.
Thirty-eight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thirty-eight For This Useful Post:
MHElectric (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 10:35 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 2,504

Wow. Good call.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:52 AM   #11

Rewards Points: 934

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHElectric View Post
I know you can bring almost any clothing item into a print shop and they can print it. That works best if you have an order in already and just want some higher end stuff done as well.

I can't imaging buying custom printed Carhartt in bulk. Not as a one man shop.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:20 PM   #12
Chief Flunky

Rewards Points: 376

Embroidery is cheap. You draw it on a computer and hit print on a Husqvarna machine. It really is that simple.

With screen printing you have to pay for the screen. They use a laser printer and photo resist just like circuit boards. Individual stuff after that is cheap. That’s the reason it’s done...it’s cheap for 25 shirts, not 5 shirts.

If the item is very light in color they can use dye sublimation...printing directly onto the shirt. The upside is full color. Downside is it’s a little slow and can’t print on dark colors.

As to buying online, I’ve had no problems using Amazon, Ritz, and Sheplers. But for Carhartt I’ve used Getz.com for years. It was a local business that I’ve bought from and they often have Carhartt sales nobody else can beat. Now i live probably 16+ hours away but still order from them. Tried jharlen.com too. Best for lineman stuff. They’re right around the corner from where I work now. Good prices if it’s on sale. Often best to call because they always have stuff not on the web site. A lot of the same sites will embroider or screen print too. For pants I prefer the carpenter or utility style in duck or denim. I’ve tried one if just about every brand. Carhartt is almost the most expensive but holds up longer than Dickies and Red Kap. Dickies and Walls used to be almost the same but once they got in bed with Walmart the quality went out the window. Had good luck with Berne when you can find it. Key looks good and almost Carhartt/Berne grade. I’ve had minor rips in their pants worse, but it survives. I’ve worn Dickies from Walmart for ONE day on the job and worn holes in them. Pure junk. Used to be they were equal to Carhartt. Now I can wear Carhartt pants and they can fade almost to white and not wear through them. I’ve thrown more pairs away because they look terrible with grease stains, soot stains, small rips, the usual electrical/mechanical damage but still decent pants.
Kevin_Essiambre likes this.
paulengr is offline   Reply With Quote