Help Finding a 20 Group for Scaling an Electrical Business from 7 to 8 Figures - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Southeast Power
  • 3 Post By splatz
  • 2 Post By stiffneck

Old 10-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 4
Default Help Finding a 20 Group for Scaling an Electrical Business from 7 to 8 Figures

Hi every! This is my first post.

I’m having trouble finding a 20 group/ business development group that focuses on scaling electrical contracting businesses. I’m looking for a group that includes members who own or operate 8 figure electrical contracting businesses. A type of group that meets up a couple times a year to give advise to one another and talk about how to scale to the next level.

My cousin owns a couple dealerships he joined a 20 group for other dealerships about 2 years ago. He said that the information he receives when the group gets together is invaluable, and leads to him making changes in his business that creates thousands of dollars in extra income and profit. He said, and i agree with, there’s no substation for getting advise from people who have been where you are, but are now 10 times bigger than you/ are where you want to be.... that’s the type of people I’d like to connect with and be in a group with

My background: I’m A 27 yr old electrical contracting business owner/ operator employing 24 people
Clay. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
86 45 20

Rewards Points: 8,302

I believe you need to identify your customer before you build a business.
You need to have a solid banking relationship
A leasing resource
Bonding capacity
Access to labor

I’ve seen this volume potential in institutional and industrial projects.

The big caution is to build during a bullish economy and have the ability to ride out a recession within those sectors.

You also need to pick up assets that will provide a base income for your business.

Best wishes
Clay. likes this.
Southeast Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:06 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 326

Ten Million Dollars,...

IBTL
Wardenclyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2019, 06:22 AM   #4
86 45 20

Rewards Points: 8,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardenclyffe View Post
ten million dollars,...

Ibtl
sold!!
Southeast Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:14 AM   #5
Hackenschmidt

Rewards Points: 4,412

I had to google...

https://www.dealpack.com/what-is-a-20-group/

So maybe the term 20-group is more common with car dealerships.

OK I'll bite, I am going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and not assume this is just lead up to a pitch selling 20-groups for electrical contractors.

This forum is the closest thing I've come across to such a group, I've learned a good deal here.

I don't see this kind of club or group forming in my small market. A fair number of the prospective members won't participate in non billable activity that doesn't involve beer and / or a barbeque. The remainder at best don't trust each other and at worst exchange gunfire on sight.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:53 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatz View Post
I had to google...

https://www.dealpack.com/what-is-a-20-group/

So maybe the term 20-group is more common with car dealerships.

OK I'll bite, I am going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and not assume this is just lead up to a pitch selling 20-groups for electrical contractors.

This forum is the closest thing I've come across to such a group, I've learned a good deal here.

I don't see this kind of club or group forming in my small market. A fair number of the prospective members won't participate in non billable activity that doesn't involve beer and / or a barbeque. The remainder at best don't trust each other and at worst exchange gunfire on sight.
Awesome, love it, tell it like it is...
electricbysullivan and splatz like this.

Tags
20 group, business development, focus group, growing business, scaling