New home rates help - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 09-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Default New home rates help

Hello all!
I am new to this forum and have a question I desparately need help with. I am wanting to start my own company and do strictly new home electrical in the upstate area of south carolina but need help estimating the jobs. It has been a while since I did any "new" construction. Are homes currently being bidded by the square foot or drops? Please give me some ideas on pricing either way. I am not looking to retire next month, but am looking to stay busy and be competitive. I appreciate all help I can get. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
splattman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattman2004 View Post
Hello all!
I am new to this forum and have a question I desparately need help with. I am wanting to start my own company and do strictly new home electrical in the upstate area of south carolina but need help estimating the jobs. It has been a while since I did any "new" construction. Are homes currently being bidded by the square foot or drops? Please give me some ideas on pricing either way. I am not looking to retire next month, but am looking to stay busy and be competitive. I appreciate all help I can get. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
You might be better off bidding by the opening.
Chris1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Rewards Points: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1971 View Post
You might be better off bidding by the opening.
or a dart board
19kilosparky984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
evil bastard

Rewards Points: 746

Wow...
mcclary's electrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,498

Maybe you should see if there is an estimating class at the nearest college with an electrical program. It would probably shed a lot of light on the subject.
Going_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Going_Commando For This Useful Post:
Chris1971 (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 434

Thats a loaded question, some bid by the opening, some by the SQ FT And some just pull a number out of there Butt!
JHFWIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #7
Conduit Extraordinare

Rewards Points: 1,510

Wait,..... you're retiring, but you want to estimate jobs for a company that you want to start. That is not retiring..
mdfriday is offline   Reply With Quote