QOBVH?? 125 and 150Amp 3 Pole Breakers - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Site Supporter Section > Square D by Schneider Electric

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By backstay
  • 1 Post By frenchelectrican
  • 1 Post By micromind
  • 2 Post By Square D_Sarah

Old 11-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #1
Bilge Rat

Rewards Points: 3,058
Default QOBVH?? 125 and 150Amp 3 Pole Breakers

I'm not sure of the part # since it's been a long time since I've installed one but these were bolt-on 125 and 150 amp breakers that would fit in a basic NQOD panel. They took 6 spaces and it was really important that they be installed in a 3Ř panel, not a single phase one.

Are they still manufactured or is there a better way to install a 125 or 150 amp breaker in a NQOD panel?

Thanks,
Rob.
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by micromind View Post
I'm not sure of the part # since it's been a long time since I've installed one but these were bolt-on 125 and 150 amp breakers that would fit in a basic NQOD panel. They took 6 spaces and it was really important that they be installed in a 3Ř panel, not a single phase one.

Are they still manufactured or is there a better way to install a 125 or 150 amp breaker in a NQOD panel?

Thanks,
Rob.
QOB3150VH $1844.90 from Grainger

$650 from this place. Ships in 3 days.

http://www.southlandelectrical.com/i...6grBoCEurw_wcB
micromind likes this.

Last edited by backstay; 11-22-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:07 PM   #3
Modérateur

Rewards Points: 21,882

QOB3125VH and QOB3150VH is not super common item but ya can get it but be aware some lead time on that.

I dont have the price list with me but it will be close what Backstay qouteing on that unless you get one of the breaker supply wholesale place then you may get lucky on price break.
micromind likes this.
Square D_Sarah (11-29-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #4
Bilge Rat

Rewards Points: 3,058

Thanks, you guys. I'm pretty sure this be less $$$ than any other option.
frenchelectrican likes this.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:17 PM   #5
Manufacturer

Rewards Points: 38

To confirm what the others have commented on . . . the part numbers that you are looking for are QOB3125VH & QOB3150VH.

These are bolt on breakers and will go into the 3 phase NQOD panel. They take up 6 pole spaces. There is a max amperage of 20A for the breakers mounted opposite the QOB3125VH and QOB3150VH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life Is On | Square D by Schneider Electric
Old 11-29-2016, 11:00 PM   #6
Modérateur

Rewards Points: 21,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square D_Sarah View Post
To confirm what the others have commented on . . . the part numbers that you are looking for are QOB3125VH & QOB3150VH.

These are bolt on breakers and will go into the 3 phase NQOD panel. They take up 6 pole spaces. There is a max amperage of 20A for the breakers mounted opposite the QOB3125VH and QOB3150VH
The other thing I forgot to add to this.,,

It have to be 400 amp panelboard or larger and watch the bussbar tabs., you may have to swap the bussbar cross link fingers if they do have it there because some are rated at lower amparage.

AFAIK the VH series are rated at 42,000 AIC if I remember the numbers correct @ 240 volts Line to Line.