Doing Business With Large Companies - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrician Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 99cents

Old 02-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,160
Default Doing Business With Large Companies

When was the last time you tried to do business with a large company and had a pleasant exrerience? Doing the actual work is a lot easier than spending 3 or 4 hours of trying to fill out some on line vender registeration form.

I was just tying to fill out a vender profile for one of the national 5 and 10 cent stores . The initial page was no proplem then it directs you to ARIBA which is a part of the SAP organization. Now SAP which is a acronym for 3 German words that are unpronounceable for those of us that live outside of Germany and with my limited exposure to SAP from work experience it is extremely difficult if not impossible to use unless you have been trained in how to use it and I had about 10 minutes of training 10 years ago.

Ariba like all good on line sites has no way to contact them except by email which from my email experirnce will not get answered .
After messing with this form for an hour if not longer I said the hell with it I don't need their work .

This form would not accept ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR as a service provider
would not accept the town that I live in as a location but they have a store in my town. They wanted to know my VAT number. I had to look that up VALUE ADDED TAX . They wanted to know my LEGAL PROFILE STATUS never could find what that refered to .

When I closed out of the site just for the hell of it I tried to go back in and I got a prompt reply thar my password and email address were in valid. They were valid when I started the process.

Anymore I am not going to do business with orgaizations that pequire me to create user names and passwords.
If you really think about it data security is just a feel good term that big business talks about . If it was really that important to them the computer centers would be located in the US not inda or china or banglsdesh or some other country that you would not want to live in or visit. It is like reliability they will sit around and talk about but when it comes to spending money on it they just cant afford it. They would rather give it to the CEO a bonus than invest it in reliability. Then when it brakes down they all wonder why it happened.

LC

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
Petulant Amateur

Rewards Points: 10,193

I was invited to sign on with a large corporation. In essence, the contract said that if I screw up, I pay and if they screw up, I pay. No thanks.
Navyguy and daveEM like this.
99cents is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #3
Semper Fi

Rewards Points: 7,378

Its not that bad but could be frustrating.
We have to do payroll reports to both the federal government and the county plus the contractor. Everyone has a different system.
Southeast Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2019, 06:09 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,266

Maybe 60% of my business is for large corporations and then there is the federal government. Still, have a fair number of smaller businesses we work for all three are different and have their challenges.