Milling Machine Question - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrician Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By power

Old 07-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 563
Default Milling Machine Question

I feel I should be able to figure this out......but, this one has me stumped. I don't use this machine too often, but it still bugs me that I cannot figure out how to use this rotary adjustment! Anyone know how?

I turn this "FINE DOWNFEED HANDLE" it just spins and spins, there is no small incremental movement in the main downfeed position!!!! I have tried pulling/pushing on this "FINE DOWNFEED HANDLE" to engage it's use rather than the pictured "MAIN DOWNFEED HANDLE".....nothing!!!

Anybody know how to engage the "FINE DOWNFEED HANDLES's" use?
Attached Thumbnails
Milling Machine Question-mill-3.jpg  

Milling Machine Question-mill-4.jpg  

power is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #2
Modérateur

Rewards Points: 16,780

Did you try to move the main feed handle ?

It may need to slide to get the fine feed handle running.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #3
Old Grumpy Bastard

Rewards Points: 584

Doesn't the small lever with the red knob on the left side not lock the spindle in place ?

Always just a stallion in a china shop
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #4
animal lover /rat bastard

Rewards Points: 1,004

this is not the instructions for your tiawanese mill, however, maybe it will give you some help

http://www.industrialmanuals.com/mac...and%20Part.pdf
Old 07-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 563

Thanks frenchelectrician, MechanicalDVR, and wildleg.......I really do appreciate all y'alls help! I will check these suggestions out these suggestions on Tuesday morning when I go back to the shop.

Thanks again guys!! Much appreciated!
MechanicalDVR likes this.
power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:02 PM   #6
Old Grumpy Bastard

Rewards Points: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
Thanks frenchelectrician, MechanicalDVR, and wildleg.......I really do appreciate all y'alls help! I will check these suggestions out these suggestions on Tuesday morning when I go back to the shop.

Thanks again guys!! Much appreciated!
You're welcome. There is always a device to lock the height in position for milling, there will be a good amount of force on the spindle if the feed rate was too heavy..

Always just a stallion in a china shop
MechanicalDVR is offline   Reply With Quote