12 Volt Take-off for my trolling motor - Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Electrician Talk - Professional Electrical Contractors Forum > Electrical Forum > General Electrical Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
Default 12 Volt Take-off for my trolling motor

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to explain what I want to the HomeDepot guys and everyone looks at me like I am nuts (which is not altogether too far from the truth) but here is what I want to do. I have a 12 volt trolling motor I just bought for my pontoon and it has the rings for connecting to a battery. i want to have a box that I can build that will mount near where the battery is but where I can EASILY connect and disconnect the trolling motor since I take if off the boat every time I am done using it. If connectors will work, that is fine. If I can build a take-off or something like that, how do I go about building it?

All I want to do is be able to connect and disconnect the wires easily and quickly and make it look good, most likely inside a water-proof box I mount somewhere on the front of my pontoon.

Thanks for your help! I am not an electrician but I know you guys can help where the "Pros" at HomeDepot cannot!

Thx,

Mike
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Electrician Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

ElectricianTalk.com - Are you a Professional Electrical Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for electricians to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that ElectricianTalk.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join ElectricianTalk.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ElectricianTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2018, 07:39 PM   #2
Modťrateur

Rewards Points: 16,782

The homedepot guys will not able help you very much and just go any marine dealership ( boat ) they will have all kind of parts you are looking for.

I going close this thread due per fourm rules but if anymore issue please go to our sister site they will help you more on that.

www.diychatroom.com

they will help you on that.
Drsparky14 (07-21-2018)
Closed Thread